- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Medical Science Liaison (Lung Cancer)
Global Pharmaceutical Company
- The role of MSL is inherently non-promotional and they report into the LOC medical department.
- Build peer-to-peer scientific relationships with a limited number of identified EEs and healthcare organizations/scientific societies based on the scientific strategy of each therapeutic area.
- Gain mVOCs through scientific engagement with EEs and feed back to therapeutic team in Medical in order to generate the insight which will affect and incorporate to the brand strategy.
- Manage the own activity to meet the enough level of performance and secure most of time for external engagement.
- Continue to develop a sufficient level of science to withstand scientific 2-way interaction with External Experts
- Develop and regularly reviewing the individual EE engagement plan.
- Identify the appropriate EEs based on the established EE criteria of each therapeutic area.
- Follow the internal and external regulations, for example MHLW guideline, Code of practice, etc.
- As a medical/scientific expert, MSL behave as a trainer for other part of our functions regarding our products.
- MSL engage with investigators of our clinical study in partnership with study management and monitoring counterparts.
- Oncology MSL may develop Clinical and Medical Partnership with our Clinical Development team or CRO for 1. Early experimental Expert's insight, 2. Feasibility assessment of protocol and site from local practices, 3. Site nomination support for appropriate enrolment capability, 4. Education for investigators, 5. Support for enrolment acceleration with wider communication with investigators and EEs.
- Oncology MSL should understand area of interests of each asset and potential indications, and may prepare, initiate and lead discussion with ISS investigators reactively through appropriate manners.
- Oncology MSL may support global and regional medical affairs team for Japanese global/internarial EEs.
- Oncology MSL may support OCTC: Oncology clinical and Translational collaboration between Oncology EMU: Experimental Medicine Unit in R&D and investigators in Japanese collaboration site in English.
- Oncology MSL may support local EAP: Early/expand Access Program setting up and implementation or other access operations including Clinical Trial on Ethical ground, Advanced medical care, Patient oriented drug supply request program.
- Oncology MSL may support Business development for Oncology especially in clinical/non-clinical academic seeds from researchers.
- Academic (research) background, experience in drug development, regulatory, medical scientist
- Ideally 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience and successfully scientific engagement with external experts.
- Experience evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine
- Graduate degree of medical, pharmaceutical or life science.
- English: Fluent or upper Business level
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience of Oncology MSL/ Medical Advisor/Clinical Development/Clinical Operation
- Experience of Oncology clinical practice
- Experience of basic research of Oncology and/or Immunology
- PharmD or life scientist with PhD and scientific expertise in Oncology and/or Immunology
9 million JPY - 12 million JPY (Experiences and skills will be considered)
- Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun)
- National holidays
- New year's holiday
- Annual Leave
Application screening and several interviews are scheduled.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Science, Research, Analyst