☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Patent Attorney, Law Dept. Patent Department
- The Law Department has a position for a patent attorney, to be located in Tokyo and report to Japan patent lead.
- This position is responsible for providing business partners with strategic legal advice and counsel in intellectual property law to advance business interests while protecting the company's rights, interests and reputation.
- Work with business clients and colleagues in the Law Department to support business opportunities
- Provide strategic proactive and reactive legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and transactions beneficial to the business
- Advise and assist in optimizing exclusivity for products mainly across the pharmaceutical and medtech sectors
- Handle and solve disputes to protect the company's rights.
- Has freedom to conduct and operate studies and advising the business accordingly
- Participating in the identification of inventions and filing and prosecuting patent applications accordingly
- Managing outside counsel relationships and activities
- Serving on and leading project teams and committees to assess and implement projects in the local business and the Law Department
- Deliver intellectual property trainings to business clients to enhance knowledge.
- The position involves other administrative works related to the above.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific or technical field and comfortable working with technical substance from all fields is required.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in biology, chemistry or digital field, including R&D experience is preferred;
- Qualification of Japanese Patent Attorney is desirable but another relevant qualification is acceptable;
- At least 3 years experience in private practice or in-house is required.
- 7+ years experience is preferred;
- Solution-oriencted mindset
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Must be able to develop excellent client relationships, have communication and leadership skills and the ability to work with wide range of people with varying degrees of legal exposure.
- Proficiency in English (at least in written English) and Japanese (both in written and spoken Japanese) is required.
- Some travel is required.
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
8-13 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal, Health Care Provider