☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
IP(Intellectual Property) Specialist / Manager
We are a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with a growth mindset.
The purpose of hiring is below.
1. New Position
- Regional coverage of IP topics including:
- Identification and assessment of inventions in cooperation with inventors
- Providing expertise and opinions on patentability, freedom-to-operate (FTO), patent validity, infringement and due diligence matters with focus on the relevant countries/region
- Draft and/or support drafting of new patent applications and legal opinions
- Manage or support management of local patent prosecution and invalidity proceedings in the relevant country/region
- Support regional and local organizations and management in IP matters
- Collaborate and support the Global IP organization in strategic and day-to-day matters
- Support drafting and/or review of IP related terms in the local contracts such as joint development or licensing.
- Area Japan Management, R&D
- Functional reporting to Global Head IP
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Construction Engineering
- Patent Attorney qualification("benrishi")
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role and multi-national environment is a plus.
- Language: Fluent level of Japanese and English are must. Chinese is a plus.
English Language level: Fluent level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
8-11 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal