・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak basic level Japanese
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time
Tech Lead of Data Engineering
Global Fintech Company / A leader in the BNPL services in Japan
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
The Data Platform Engineering Team provides the technical service around the company's business data and information, and its derivatives. This service is a crucial as part of our external service and internal business intelligence.
The Team provides services including capturing datasets from any business activities, performing curation, ensuring its availability, deriving strategy and implementing solution covering integrity, resilience and scalability. In addition, by assisting business initiatives on data analytics and reporting.
As per the component stack, the Data Platform Engineering & Reporting Team and its services will depend on most, if not all activities within the company.
Position Overview / Purpose of your role
- The Data Platform Engineer Tech Lead should be able to understand the business, technical requirements and implement solutions accordingly. (S)he should also have hands on experience in application development, in-depth knowledge in programming languages and data storage technologies. The Tech Lead should also have experience leading a team of 3 or more people.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the well-being of deployed data services.
- Enhance the operation and monitoring facilities.
- Implement scalable data pipeline from our various platforms, data warehouse, or 3rd party services.
- Follow business or technical initiatives, implement data solutions accordingly.
- Being domain expert in data semantic, provide advisory on business intelligence requests.
- Manage reporting facilities; implement and promote self-service reporting tool.
- Perform evaluation of technology, POC and feasibility analysis.
- Support and manage a growing team of Data Engineers
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related subject
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong software development skills in OOP languages.
- Good knowledge of resources constraints analysis and performing tuning.
- Good knowledge of data structures.
- Strong knowledge and experience on various RDMS, NoSQL and big data platform.
- Able to follow SDLC methodologies, deliver proper documentation.
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate project status and problem effectively.
- Creative yet detail oriented, good at solving problems and deriving solutions.
- Willing to work in a dynamic environment and pick up new technologies.
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more engineers
14-15 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology