☑English language required
SVP level Tech lead
Top investment bank
This role is a senior engineer role who will lead the execution of this platform strategy. Apart from architecting the next generation systems for operations technology, the candidate will evangelize the strategy across other Front office and Middle Office technologies across asset classes.
- Design and implement best in class Trading, Booking Settlement platform.
- Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex systems.
- Review current operations system landscape and drive to modernize systems and align with global strategy.
- Providing Architecture support for Strategic Initiatives for Japan Markets Technology.
- Engage with Strategic Initiatives to help scope and shape those initiatives to ensure the outcomes are aligned to our Engineering and Architecture Principles (EAP), including formulating detailed boundaries, connections and deployments.
- Identify, establish and maintain strategic partnerships with executives from technology vendors within assigned area and coordinate to influence vendor product roadmaps to be in line with our strategic goals.
- Formal reviews of strategic processes and to ensure capabilities meet requirements and are consistent with our Engineering and Architecture Principles.
- Recognize and identify key data and functional dependencies and cross silo redundancies.
- Partner with Regional/Global platform owners to ensure Risk and Control items in the regions are under check.
- Operate as highly functional Individual Contributor and collaborate with existing development teams to drive data modelling, data quality and data management for Japan Technology Platforms.
- Champion engineering excellence by actively promoting and governing the use of development standards and principles.
- Own, manage and apply architecture governance on systems inventory, lifecycle management (EOVS/EOL) on IT assets and reduce technical debt.
- Capacity planning and SRE testing for Japan Tech Platforms.
- Design and management of physical architecture including hardware, capacity planning, and performance of various systems, in conjunction with the infrastructure and environment management team.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Hands-on technology leader who promotes and thrives in a culture of collaboration, partnerships, inclusion, and diversity.
- Background in Financial Sector with a good functional knowledge of (either/or) Operations, Middle Office and Front Office.
- Demonstrable experience in architecture patterns enabling digital transformation, platform modernization, cloud onboarding and footprint simplification.
- Expert knowledge of integration design patterns underpinning a platform composed of inhouse developed and vendor applications.
- Expert knowledge of Domain driven, and Events based architecture patterns.
- Hands-on experience with low latency Java development.
- Strong understanding and experience of enterprise metadata management tools used for data governance, catalog, lineage, and data quality.
- Strong expertise in technical analysis and ability to produce detailed mapping specifications and data flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of external and internal systems integration through use of APIs.
- Exceptional communicating, influencing and engagement skills across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize critical information to facilitate efficient decision making, providing oversight and guidance to team members in implementing successful projects.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, Masters desirable.
- Process reengineering and process mapping experience preferred, along with a proven track record of successfully leading complex and transformative projects.
- Good understanding of data and data concepts including data standards, data quality and data models.
- Exemplary written and oral skills required, ability to synthesize key messages and "storytell".
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management.
- Good influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills.
- The candidate must be able to work with teams as well as independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- This role requires multi-tasking, organization and the ability to quickly acquire and easily comprehend required knowledge.
- English Language level: Advanced level
- Work permission in Japan required
20-30 million JPY
Social insurance, Flex, WFH, Retirement benefit system, Counselling service, Medical check-ups
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays , New year's holiday, Annual Leave, Spouse (partner) maternity leave, Volunteering time off, Maternity leave, Parental leave, Nursing care leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology