・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time
Sr Manager, Medical Affairs (IBD)
Manager〜Assoc Director level
Global biopharmaceutical company
This position reports to the IBD Medical Lead , Inflammation Medical Affairs, Japan.
In close communication and collaboration with Japan Medical Affairs colleagues, global medical team, as well as co-promotion partner medical team, this individual is responsible to provide scientific/medical guidance, throughout product life cycle.
Primary responsibilities are as follow:
- Responsible for planning and execution of medical activities, such as medical education, publication, and data generation, in alignment with POA (plan of action) and other strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with clinical development, regulatory affairs, public affairs, commercial and other functions to ensure our products are appropriately used with good understanding of product profiles and supporting scientific data
- Regular communication with KOLs including investigators for clinical trials, as appropriate to provide medical guidance for the clinical trials and more extensive background, additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Work closely with our hybrid MSLs in responding to medical / scientific queries regarding our products.
- Support our hybrid MSLs to execute medical activities, such as publication and data generation
- In collaboration with L&D department, support to maintain and further develop newest scientific knowledge and relevant communication skills.
- Attend major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience.
- Manage his/her projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in Japan adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical and scientific information
- Support to maintain and further develop newest scientific knowledge and relevant communication skills
- The individual will be one who has a strong scientific background with industry experience, preferably in medical affairs or R&D in inflammatory diseases area
- Masterʼs degree or pharmacist is acceptable. Ph.D. and research experience are plus
- The individual must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment. Strong presentation skills are required.
- Hands-on involvement is a must (effective use of external resources).
10-15 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider