Sr. Logistics Specialist
US Life Science Company
Responsible for overall warehousing activities and domestic distribution. This position acts as the primary contact for executing day-to-day logistics operation as well as managing 3PL vendors. Work with its superior to improve operational excellence, tactically manage 3PL vendors, and to plan/execute strategic initiatives. Work with internal partners to ensure smooth product launch, fulfilling orders at required service level, meet legal/regulatory requirements. Operates within established budget.
- As SME (Subject Matter Expert) in LEX (Logistics Execution), supervise day-to-day execution of warehousing and distribution operation.
- Plan and implement action plans in line with the department goals
- Act as the single point of contact in managing 3PL vendors and material suppliers on operational level
- Periodically monitor, analyze, and improve overall logistics performance and cost
- Develop, revise, and maintain SOPs, work flows, and work instructions related to the company policy (SOX)
- Provide logistics support in relations to new product launch, quality issues, complaint handling, etc. on ad-hoc basis.
Mandatory - Logistics related:
- Proficiency in overall Warehousing and Distributions topic as well as various continuous improvement tools (e.g. A3, LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, DMAIC), cost management, ERP/WMS (incl. peripheral tools such as label printer, RF scanner). Quality Management, and 3PL vendor management (incl. RFI/P/Q).
- Experience with Logistics under regulated environment, esp. Life Science/Health Care industry (inlc. 3PL Side) with proficiency in GDP/GMP is definitely advantageous.
- Mandatory - General:
- Effective communication style, strong analytical skills, facilitation skills, dealing with ambiguity, work independently with min. supervision
- Advanced computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Power point, Access, Visio).
- Logistics related knowledge with temperature-controlled products, Dangerous Goods, and medical devices.
- Project management skills, people management skill. Familiarity with EHS topics.
- Bachelor's degree (not mandatory but preferred)
- English proficiency (TOEIC>600)
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Supply Chain