☑English language required
Sr Application Support
- Opportunity for getting hands on experience with Application Support of Electronic Trading Systems, Algo Trading, Client or Exchange Connectivity and Fix Protocol, etc.
- Global Company but a small team so a great opportunity to impact the business and millions of users.
Global Equity and Securities Firm
Our technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Our technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage.
We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will provide front line support to the Equities business. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, drive stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business to succeed.
In this role, the members will liaise closely with colleagues in Tokyo and APAC countries to ensure seamless coverage of the applications. You would provide on-site cover during early hours of APAC between the hours 07:00 JST to evening. This is to cover business start-up and close, and any additional demands of the business.
You should learn functional knowledge in the applications being used by the Japan Equities business in these areas.
You will also be working with the Japan development teams and business units. Occasional requirements to provide weekend coverage to support releases cycles and participate in disaster recovery testing are expected.
You would assist in regulatory related enquiries like order tickets (legal), external and internal inspection preparation data. There is also an expectation to assist in creating client reports or report drafts to any regulatory bodies.
The role will entail hands-on investigation and issue resolution, incident management and being passionate about driving & leading initiatives to improve the production platform.
- This role is to provide hands-on technical support, answer queries via phone, e-mail and in person.
- Do Start of day checks, continuous monitoring of applications from ITRS. Should be able to solve complicated issues independently
- Incident Management - Ensure all productions issues log and update as per the Support team policies and procedures. Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
- Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, IT management, and development teams. Take ownership when dealing with user issues.
- Perform appropriate problem-solving tasks before passing to another team with prior-agreed format, logs, etc
- Maintain technical support documentation. Share information with other support team members and with other technology teams.
- Take part in the change control process to ensure any releases into production systems are carefully tested and reviewed; handover documentations are adequate and verified. Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
- Need to have regular communication with APAC and Global Production Support teams.
- Deep involvement in Production support initiatives covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Identify and bring up application and process deficiencies and suggest ways to remediate these.
- Partnership with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Assist in regulatory related enquiries like order tickets (legal), external and internal inspection preparation data.
- Assist in creating client reports or report drafts to any regulatory bodies and closely work with the regulatory reporting team.
- Preferred Trade Floor production support experience in a financial institution or similar production support role in another industry.
- Good understanding of the Equities business preferred.
- Knowledge/ experience of problem management, Incident Management.
- Experience with Messaging Technologies such as Tibco, EMS, Solace, MQ, etc.
- Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Netagent.
- Issue tracking using tools such as ServiceNow
- Familiar with Windows and UNIX OS
- Familiar with databases such as Microsoft SQL, Sybase, Oracle including writing SQL statements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player and a self-starter
- Ability to succeed in a demanding business & technical environment
- Positive attitude and keen to learn new things.
- Excellent skills in personal work organization and time management
- Strong social skills in English.
- Strong debugging skills and attention to detail
- Job scheduling tool such as Autosys
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- English Language level: Business level
- Work permission in Japan required
11~14 million JPY
Social insurance, Flex, WFH, Retirement benefit system, Counselling service, Medical check-ups
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays , New year's holiday, Annual Leave, Spouse (partner) maternity leave, Volunteering time off, Maternity leave, Parental leave, Nursing care leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology