☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Global Insurance Company
You will be assigned to the Tech Acceleration Chapter while also becoming part of the Transformation Division.
The Transformation Division is responsible for the overall delivery of (and changes to) our application environment. We make sure that your talent is being developed, best practices are being shared, and encourage our people to become part of the broader engineering community both internally and externally.
The Solution Architect (SA) provides leadership and facilitation for project or program solution and technical design. The SA guides projects on their overall high-level solution and technical approach, engagement with the broader project team, and supports the solution and technical design at the formal architecture review board meeting. The SA is the advisor for the project solution and technical architecture process and all architecture artifacts.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for understanding and enforcing enterprise architectural principals, standards & patterns at the project level
- Hands-on: actively coding to support the teams and enable the transformation of the existing applications to more modern standards (API transformation, CICD automation, docker etc.)
- Act with oversight from senior Architecture personnel and consults/enlists other architecture team members as required
- Work in close partnership with business community, business analysts, solution, information and data architects to design and deliver impactful business solutions
- Be responsible for technical approach, high level and detailed design of the project in accordance with architectural standards
- Be responsible for enforcing the use of standard tools and products across projects as directed by the Enterprise Architecture Organization
- Champion and conform applications and infrastructure to accepted Secure Development Operations (DevOps) practices
- Identify and document the nonfunctional requirements for the solution and technical designs
- Support the project implementation team, SME's and Production Support team for occasional troubleshooting and root cause analysis efforts
- Assist the project manager in recognizing and mitigating any risks to the solution's overall success or to existing systems, infrastructure and business processes
- Understand and mitigate the solution and technical design on security, performance and data privacy through review of proposed configurations and system implementations
- Explain existing system capabilities to key business users as well as any modifications in support of business processes.
- Keep abreast and leverage existing shared capabilities, products, software and infrastructure in proposed solutions
- Review any documentation provided by vendors and internal technical analysis teams for technical accuracy in meeting the business needs.
- Review and approve technical specifications; supports subsequent delivery processes to ensure solution meets business and architectural objectives as envisioned
- Mentor technical leads and developers in answering questions regarding the architecture and design of our systems
- Work comfortably in SDLC selected by project (waterfall, agile or combination of both)
- Communicate both technically and conceptually to provide architecture leadership and guidance to business and technical team members throughout the course of the project
Selling Points of This Position
- Wide exposure to the latest Cloud technology.
- Close cooperation with various technical team with short feedback loops.
- Bridge position between Enterprise Architecture team and the engineers
- Mix hands-on and evangelization position
Perspective of Future Career in this Position
- Enterprise Architecture member
- Engineer in other areas within the company
- Managerial positions, track to Chapter Lead or Product Owner
Qualification requirements 【Must】
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
- 5+ years experience of development (Java/C# prefered)
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Highly skilled and passionate at designing and building software that meets the standards of the the Insurance Services industry
- High level of emotional intelligence and experience working effectively with both internal and external team members
- Strong experience in the Financial/Insurance Services industry and working within the associated regulatory environments; expert knowledge of supporting applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of the Financial/Insurance Services solutions vendor ecosystem and their key offerings
- Comfortable and effective when working in a virtual environment
- Workplace level of Japanese and English (ie. JLPT N2+, TOEIC 800+)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand the strategic ("big picture") and tactical perspectives of situations
・ English Language level: Business level
・ Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level
・ Work permission in Japan required
10~12 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology,