☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Global Investment Company
Purpose of the Role
- You will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities that vary from building and maintaining media relations, planning and execution of PR campaigns and media events, content creation for both earned and social media.
- We are a team of 3 people in Japan, we work together as a team and back each other up when necessary. The team is part of a larger global team, and you will work closely with both Japan and global stakeholders to deliver impactful coverage and engagement, ensuring we share and learn best practices across the global team.
- We are looking for a colleague who is proactive, curious, bold & brave to try new things and ideas, and can actively engage with global team colleagues.
- Day-today media relations
- Work on PR plans and campaigns
- Work with stakeholders on key message building and draft press release and other materials for media use
- Contribute to social media efforts
In more detail:
- Work with stakeholders to create and execute PR plans to meet objectives.
- Respond to day to day queries from media in a timely and efficient manner
- Pitch and arrange media interviews, conduct follow up
- Build and maintain good media relations and contacts
- Maintain central register of spokespeople biographies and photos, including handling of requests
- Maintain media database and media interview log
- Organise media training sessions as required
Media Event and content
- Organize/Support the strategic planning and operational execution for media events
- Coordinate (translation/development) of relevant content for Japanese media
- Create news release
Internal stakeholder relations:
- Internal stakeholders' relationship maintenance and communications related to media activities
- Media monitoring
- Generating easy-to-read media coverage reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis to internal stakeholders and employees
Social and digital:
- Represent and lead the team on social media efforts
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders as we evolve our social and digital efforts
- Manage "News release/Spokespeople" section on our corporate website
- Bilingual in Japanese and English: Japanese native level required Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1) , Work permission in Japan required
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage and communicate across a range of stakeholder groups in a timely, professional, and appropriate manner, ability to work with a flexible mindset.
- 7 or more years of experience in PR or media
- Media relations experience or established relationships, especially in financial services will be a plus
- Excellent Japanese writing skills will be a plus
- Digital savvy with proficiency in social media platforms will be a plus
- Experience in organizing events and dealing with external suppliers.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, comfortable with digital tools.
- Ability to pay attention to details, meet targets of day-to-day workflows and deadlines.
- A keen interest in markets and the economy - familiarity with asset management and finance a plus
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to work closely, flexibly, and effectively with regional team members as required in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
8~15 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Public Relations