☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Senior Legal Manager
Global Fast Food Company
- As a supervisory function specializing in the area of legal, provide various legal supports to the Company, including contract review, legal advice, and dispute resolution, based on requests from various departments of the company. From the perspective of preventive and strategic legal supports, proactively provide guidance on process improvement, education/training on legal knowledge, and proposal for appropriate actions to the entire company. Support senior management on major business decisions from the legal perspective.
- Contribute to enhance+B13 corporate governance, by managing and supporting the meetings required by laws and regulations, such as General Meeting of Shareholders, and meetings of Board of Directors and Board of Corporate Auditors, and by overseeing the management of internal regulations.
- As a corporate legal advisor and business partner, provide supports and advices to the Management and internal clients so that the business can be managed and operated in accordance with the Company Act and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Advise not only on the best solution for each of the existing litigations and cases but also on measures to prevent potential legal disputes etc.
- Support optimization of business efficiency from the legal aspects.
◆Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate opinions on complex legal issues involving multiple parties, by communicating with various internal departments, and conducting sufficient research and analysis (including determining the necessity of seeking outside counsel's opinion and considering the appropriateness of such counsel's opinions).
- Promptly review contracts in a reasonable and practical manner, taking into account the essential structure of the transaction, the relationship with the counterparty and the business situation.
- In the event of a dispute, propose appropriate measures according to the stage of development of the dispute, by communicating with the relevant internal departments to obtain necessary and sufficient information. When retaining outside attorneys, provide accurate information and support, and ensure that appropriate measures are taken.
- Analyze legal risks, and create and implement action plans to mitigate major risks.
- Review internal legal operations and processes, including the current operations of the Legal Division, challenge status quo, and create and implement action plans to improve them.
- Maintain and develop the company's internal control functions by becoming familiar with the company's organization and business operations, and by managing and improving internal regulations such as Delegation of Authorities.
- Maintain corporate functions that enable important management decisions to be made appropriately, by managing and improving the operation of corporate organizations such as the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Board of Directors and its committees, and the Board of Corporate Auditors.
- As a leader of a team within the Legal department, organize the team and proactively make proposals to improve the operations of Legal Department, Legal & Governance Division and the entire company.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in law firm or as in-house in a large corporate entity.
- Attorney qualification required (Japanese or foreign)
- Extensive and accurate knowledge and practical experience with laws and regulations, in particular, in addition to civil law and corporate law, knowledge and experience in consumer law, advertising law (e.g., Premiums and Representations Act), real estate transactions, and management of confidential and personal information. It is desirable to possess knowledge of antitrust law, financial transactions, labor law, and IT-related contracts.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to involve various stakeholders and build good relationships.
- A mindset to think out-of-box, adapt to changes and challenge status quo.
- Mindset and track record to work as a business partner, not just a legal professional.
- Ability to develop talents as a people manager
- English Language level: Business level (At a minimum, the candidate should have the English language skill to write and review English contracts and meeting minutes without difficulty and to exchange e- mails, etc., in English, and have experiences with these tasks. It is desirable to be able to speak English at business level.)
- Japanese Language level: Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
9〜11 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal