☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Senior Brand Manager
Global Food Company
The Senior Brand Manager (SBM) role to drive strategy on the Cooking Sauce Portfolio for Retail Business and execution to achieve both consumer connection and the company financial goals.
Senior Brand Manager (SBM) Job Duties:
・ Strategy & Planning:
o Propose and support Category Lead with development of brand strategy and Annual Operation Plan.
o Conduct category analysis for the key categories within the business unit (BU).
o Report market performance and provide insights into root causes.
・ Activation and Campaigns:
o Lead key brand project i.e. Media Campaigns, promotion, PR, Range Extension, Innovation, etc.
・ New Product Development:
o Lead and propose innovation agenda and pipeline that best fit the brand and business growth.
o Lead cross functional team, both Japan internal and other countries, as SBM to achieve the best result with new product launch.
o Responsible for P&L and business targets to deliver brand growth for short and long term
o Co-work with Consumer Insight Manager to plan and execute research for new product, campaign and brand tracking.
・ Budget Control:
o Manage and control the budget for category in charge of.
・ People Management:
o Couch and guide ABM on the execution of projects (i.e., new product development, consumer promotions, packaging design and renewals etc.)
・ Other tasks:
o Work with the Marketing, PD, and Sales team to develop samples and trade materials.
o Support Sales on customer queries.
o Other administrative tasks.
Required Senior Brand Manager skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in brand management/marketing/customer marketing/trade marketing in FMCG industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in people management.
- Experienced at briefing and managing advertising and other resource agencies. Experience of planning and execution in a whole campaign.
- Experienced in the use of quantitative and qualitative market research and its applicability to managing brands
- Experience of using key financial measures of a brand and experience of budget planning and management.
- A good team leader with strong entrepreneurship but also a good team player. Our successful candidate will work well in a team and have strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence both internal and external teams
- Self-motivated and willingness to push the boundary and hold others' accountability
- Ability to work in diverse and multi-cultural environment with strong cross functional communication ability
- Having strong interest and knowledge in digital marketing. Experience in planning and execution in both owned and earned media, and growing brand's SNS fanbase is plus.
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics and shopper behavior
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in Japanese and English required
Preferred Senior Brand Manager skills and qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Marketing and/or equivalent.
- Japanese market understanding and prior experience in Food industry.
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices.
- Strategic-thinker, capable of combining everyday activities with long-term plans.
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Tokyo/ Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Flex (core time 11-3pm)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Product Management, Marketing