☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Associate Officer (Senior Accountant)
Global Major investment Company
The role is to take part in the Finance Functions on its day to day responsibilities; this includes Cash, Account Receivable / Revenue including Billing, Accounts Payable / Expense, and Other Assets as well as month-end and year-end closing documentations. In addition, to be responsible for a range of financial and management reporting and controls based work to ensure proper accounting for all legal entities. The role will also involve interaction with other areas in AB. The role is in constant communication with various internal departments to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Perform the daily accounting activities, maintain the general ledger, review daily trial balance, and ensure effective financial controls are in place.
- Prepare monthly reports to Group Head Office.
- Liaise with Group Head Office.
- Review the month end results and provide meaningful commentary on them for the Japan Office.
- Liaise with Management Reporting team to provide explanations of any variances.
- Prepare monthly reports to FSA.
- Support to ensure financial reports, policies, procedures, and accounting system.
- Support internal audit, external audit, and tax preparation.
- Liaise with Group Tax.
- Perform other related work including special projects as required.
Skills / Experience required
- Experience in Accounting Field for 5 years or more
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, Japan GAAP, Japan tax, and controls over financial reporting.
- Experience in financial institutions, preferably in Asset Management, or similar experience.
- Understanding of regulations of Asset Management.
- Practical skill and knowledge of IT/Computer, MS Office (preferably, Access) and Accounting System.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in Japanese and English.
- Educated and/or worked in foreign countries.
- Able to work to tight deadlines with high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
7~8 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance