☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Sales Manager, Travel
Leading Finance Institution
※The company provides great work life balance for their employees
Reporting to CSO, the Sales Manager, Travel will play a strategic role in driving sales revenues and profitability through sourcing, managing and growing client relationships for our business lines, mainly B2B2C services.
The focus area for this role will be the Travel Insurance Solutions for Travel & Entertainment space such as Airlines, OTAs, Hotel chains, Event organizers and the ticket sellers.
The Sales Manager is accountable for:
- Identifying new profitable business opportunities, aligned with the company's strategy
- Enhancing sales effectiveness by enriching the pipeline, and closing new deals
- Retaining and growing long term relationships with key clients
- Implementing strategies to increase client profitability
- Cross-selling products and services to enrich and deepen existing client relationships
- Leverage industrial knowledge and network to generate sales leads and qualify the sales leads to identify new business and revenue opportunities
- Identify client needs and challenges through client engagement process and demonstrate our value proposition as the appropriate business partner for our prospects
- Prepare effective client presentations and proposals with support from other stakeholders (underwriting, Ops), ensuring that client proposals are aligned with our internal capabilities
- Negotiate business conditions and convert to contract, with revenue returns and in line with profitability targets
- Develop and maintain effective relationships that may reasonably provide future business opportunities
- As the key account manager, strengthen the client engagement to increase client satisfaction, seek incremental revenue opportunities by cross-selling or up-selling to penetrate into the account
- Manage the learning outcomes resulting from client feedback
Sales and financial
- Responsible for achieving sales KPIs including revenue and profitability targets
- Develop and implement client strategies to drive sales revenue and profitability to achieve set targets
- Management the development and implementation of sales action plans and tactical activities
- Regular analysis and reporting of client sales performance to senior management
- Sales forecasting of revenue performance by client on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
Strategic partnership management and development
- Lead the preparation of client presentations, tenders, proposals, and reports as required
- Positively differentiate us in the minds of current cl nts
- Regular communication with clients and ensure information about relevant product and service updates and new product releases is provided in a timely manner
- Collaborate with clients to provide benefits of our products and services for contributing business growth of their core services and products
- Utilising sales skills to influence client activities and motivate partners to sell our products
- Sales planning and insights
- Develop a channel / industry fact-base understanding market size, opportunity size, key trends, and competitor activity
- Develop a client fact-base understanding current client size, opportunities and challenges
- Be an expert on our products, our competition, and the markets in which we compete
- Attendance at key industry events, especially those events attended by our clients
Risk & Compliance
- Adhere to the risk management obligations and comply with policies, processes and training requirements.
- Behave as required by the Company's Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct and values
- Ensure that all business proceedings are conducted in a manner which is professional, legal and ethical
- More than 10 years of Business Development experience in a B2B2C environment, with a track record of closing deals and maintaining sustainable long-term relationships with corporate clients.
- Previous experience and extensive networks with the travel & entertainment industries is key, exposure to insurance industry is highly desirable.
- Proven knowledge of the Japanese market in areas affiliated with our business, ie Travel & Entertainment, Insurance.
- An experienced closer. A natural networker with the ability to map out business development/key account plans from lead generation to contract signing.
- Good strategic thinker with strong planning and organization skills who has the experience to develop solutions by adopting a solution sales approach.
- Results oriented: able to deliver results in a high pressure, fast paced business environment, with a proactive and pragmatic approach.
- Resilient, positive mindset, embrace challenge to accelerate business growth.
- Ability to work autonomously but in close cooperation with internal stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, notably negotiation and persuasion abilities. Experience engaging with various levels at corporate and C Suite level.
- Tech savvy, needs to understand combination of services and digital capability e.g. digital transformation.
- Japanese Native speaker. Excellent English skills.
- Experience working in international companies in Japan, overseas experience would be desirable
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
10-13 million JPY + Bonus
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance, Sales