・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
You will work closely with Sales, Sales Engineering, and Portfolio Management teams to grow the business in Japan as a primary goal and in the Region when support is needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Region means: SEA, China, Taiwan, Korea, Australia & New Zealand
- Business development based on advanced knowledge of IP and Optical networking architecture and solutions along with basic commercial expertise for offers and business cases
- Work on plan and actions for Japan market which includes market segmentation, competitive analysis, target customers, required product solution including services.
- Working closely with customers to gain an understanding of the customer's business objective(s), Providing consultant design/business case on network transformation solutions, drive customer technical engagement - all with the goal of creating the winning customer value proposition.
- Work with sales to create winning commercial offers, including owning responses to RFI and RFP, working with Regional Product Experts (RPE) to validate required roadmap, working with Regional Subject Matter Experts (RSME) to produce offers (technical and commercial)
- Own Japan portfolio requirements as input to Regional PSE for inclusion into the overall portfolio roadmap
- Work with Marketing to orchestrate the marketing plan for Japan market
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with a track in developing and growing business in Japan
- Possess customer contacts in major service providers, ICP, and enterprise
- Strong technical and business acumen, with a background in IP along with knowledge (must) in Optical networking (highly preferred)
- IP skill means understanding IP services, Traffic Engineering, and IP architecture including TDM Migrations. In addition, to have a clear understanding of 5G MBH and Front Haul, basics of 5G Packet Core & MEC.
- Optical skill means understanding Optical design at 100G+ rates Long Haul and Metro, Optical GMPLS, Datacenter Interconnect solutions, and Optical network architectures
- Basic understanding of pricing strategy, and developing business cases.
- Possess outstanding communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate our value proposition
- Outstanding and proven ability to partner with customers, including gaining mindshare and translating that mindshare into revenue
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales and Portfolio/PLM teams across organizations
- Believes in the power of teamwork and celebrates team achievements above all else.
- Proficiency in conflict management and negotiation, with abilities to influence and lead others.
- Bachelor's degree with MBA or advanced degree welcome
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology