・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑英語力が必要 ☑リモートワーク可能 ☑フレックス勤務
再生可能エネルギー・ガス発電マネジメント - 日本代表
We manage more than 500 MWs of wind, solar, and gas-peaker power generation assets, globally. This portfolio is expected to more than double in the next couple of years. We are seeking an Asset Manager to support our growing asset portfolio in the APAC region.
The primary responsibility of this role will initially focus on the day-to-day accountability and oversight of operational, HSSE, and business performance of a gas-peaker facility recently acquired by us. This facility is the first of its kind for us in this region and as such there will be great focus in optimizing capabilities. Exceptional collaboration between company and local facility staff is a must for a successful and HSSE Goal Zero endeavor. The Candidate must be Japanese/English bi-lingual and available for regional travel at least once per quarter, but potentially more often based on site activities and future growth.
This role will be a critical member of our leadership teams. The position will manage several external contractors to ensure equipment reliability and health, optimal asset performance, and maximized returns. Given the heavy reliance on 3rd party contractors, the candidate must have a record of successful contract and contractor management. Someone with previous operational experience managing contractors and or assets within our frameworks is desired. A self-driven mindset is also a must.
A collaborative, learning, and externally focused mindset is critical as the incumbent will be tasked with managing assets not traditionally held within our portfolio in this region. Maintaining clear lines of communication into many parts of the company and renewable power industry groups will be crucial to ensure optimal asset operation and delivery of the P&L. As such, this role has strong development and growth opportunities into many different areas of renewable power asset management and the broader Renewable Energy Solutions industry and organization as our portfolio grows within APAC.
This role will play a crucial part in our transition into the Renewable Power industries.
Accountable for Renewable Power Asset:
- Goal Zero, site HSSE performance, our control framework adherence, and regulatory compliance
- Site production, availability, and Opex targets
- Asset and equipment health, and ensuring 3rd party quality of work
- Identify and action continuous improvement opportunities, reduce cost, and eventually enable rapid growth of our renewable power portfolio within the APAC region
- Accountable for Goal Zero, site HSSE performance, and regulatory compliance of renewable power assets in APAC
- Establishing a Goal Zero safety culture with site employees and 3rd party contractors.
- Monitor, enforce and report on the Asset HSSE Management Plan
- Verification of contractor/subcontractor qualifications
- Ensure active Emergency Response and Business Continuity Plans are in place and all staff and contractors are adequately trained on each
- Accountable for the availability and reliability of portfolio, starting with the gas-peaker facility
- Assessing scope and quality of preventative and corrective maintenance activities
- Coordinating and working with the contracted O&M teams to develop and improve equipment care strategies
- Contract Holder of all Suppliers and Vendors for the region
- Discipline content for equipment care plans, including Life Extension and Obsolescence
- Discipline Specific Processes & KPIs (to be co-developed with contractors)
- Manage and identify risks to assets
- Ensure all assets conform to applicable laws
- Coordinate with Regulatory Agencies
- Manage stakeholder expectations with regards to major expenditures and expected returns
- Monthly/quarterly HSSE and operational report out to portfolio leadership and owners
- Leading RFI/RFP exercises (with CP support) to ensure competitive maintenance and turnaround contracting and pricing
- Ultimate accountability of P&L delivery by creating an annual operating budget for assets; report and ensure adherence throughout the year
- Identify gaps in asset performance
- Manage contractual obligations of assets, protecting the asset owner from onerous liabilities while at the same time taking advantage of opportunities through proactive contract management practices
- Understand asset obligations with real property interests (i.e., landowner issues, taxes/royalties, lease agreements, etc.)
- Handle property damage insurance policy and claims for assets
- Japanese/English bi-lingual
- Full understanding of asset management requirements within our system
- Strong knowledge of our systems and networks and how to integrate renewable assets within them (acquired in role)
- Experience with asset management work processes
- Contractor management experience in an operational environment desired
- Skilled working with and influencing 3rd party contractors to continuously improve
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Other