※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Research Manager
[Salary] 8〜12 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
You will need to partner key marketing stakeholders in all their strategic, innovation, communication and activation activities. You will support your line manager in driving Transformational Actions with your Business Partners. These actions will be rooted in Consumer/Shopper and Market Insights. You will be responsible and accountable mainly for primary market research work for your brands, focusing on Dental Appliance Care and OTC. This will involve working with multiple internal stakeholders (Category & Brand Teams, Finance, Sales, Global Insights Counterparts, Media Team) and research agency partners.
- Develop deep consumer, market and category insights to drive business growth
- Partner with global/regional teams to bring innovation to life via relevant consumer insights, participating and leading on ground research
- Identify future growth opportunities through landscape and trend analysis of the relevant category and sub segment
- Conduct studies like concept / claim / package / communication / in-store executions / U&A / shopper understandings to understand current and future opportunities to grow
- Qualify the concept, marketing and digital/e-commerce assets to drive growth
- Ensure innovation for the market is deigned to delight consumers and work with marketing partners to ensure key elements are designed to deliver against biggest growth opportunities
- Proven 7+ years in Market Research- preferably both client side and agency side
- University Degree
- Business level English
- Deep understanding of various qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including agile methodologies like online community/interviews, DIY tools, social listening
- Proven track record of using data to drive business growth
- Demonstrates ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making; Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence team members in meetings and one to one basis
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely
- Strong team player, yet good level of independence ・Good presentation skills and articulate
- Rigorous and with great attention to detail
- Highly numerate and adept at working with data
- Able to adjust quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Willingness and flexibility to work cross boundary
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Moderation / facilitation skills
- Past experience in Consumer Health care industry/ CPG industry 一般消費財
- Past experience in global company
- Any experience in running studies amongst experts like health care professionals etc would be a plus
- Degree in Marketing/ Management/Market Research/Social Sciences/Statistics/Psychology
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Marketing