[Position] Research Associate
[Salary] 5~7 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Financial Data Provider
The research team is responsible for the company's coverage of the alternative assets industry, striving to keep it accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a keen interest in finance to cover Japan-based investors and/or fund managers and funds in alternative assets.
This will be achieved primarily by contacting investors and/or fund managers, building a relationship with them and gathering information on their activities in the space spanning investment preferences, funds managed, deals and performance data.
Opportunities are also available to contribute towards the production of bespoke data analysis for our users and the financial press as well as our reports and publications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining contact with institutional investors, fund managers and service providers via in person meetings, phone and email communications.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key industry experts.
- To support information gained through direct contact with institutional investors and fund managers, you will locate, track and make use of a variety of online and public sources in English and Japanese to gather relevant information on industry entities and events.
- To connect our clients with the data you have acquired, you will update our English-medium database with detailed company profiles containing key information such as investment preferences.
- Working with teams in other offices in ensuring coherence and accuracy of information flow into databases.
- Producing bespoke data reports for clients and press outlets.
- Occasionally contributing to research reports, blogs and publications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with senior-level executives via face-to-face meetings, phone and email.
- Business fluency in English and Japanese is required to communicate effective with global team and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree holder and relevant work experience in a research-led environment is preferred.
- A demonstrated interest in the alternative assets industry.
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues, investigating anomalies and a desire to get to the bottom of a problem.
- Strong team player with the ability and enthusiasm to work independently.
- Diligence to meet targets and quality standards.
Social insurance、Commuting Allowance
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Analyst, Research