- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Real Estate Senior Manager ,DC Operations
Data Centers are emerging as mission critical social infrastructure given the exponential global growth in data traffic, driven by IT and cloud services as well as AI/5G/IoT developments. We offer our customers, such as hyper-scale cloud service providers, access to facilities with high levels of reliability and security, stable power supply, cooling and connectivity services.
This position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience in the facility property management with a large wholesale data center provider in Japan. As (Senior) Real Estate Manager, you will make an impact on virtually all aspects of the management of the assigned portfolio especially in Osaka region. You will leverage your in-depth experience to drive a variety of financial and operational responsibilities including financial reporting, budgeting, accruals, property inspections and certifications, insurance requirements, site physical security and onsite customer requests. We are proactive about helping our people grow and develop, and as we continues to grow, we'll be looking for proven players to move up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for all financial aspects of the portfolio and play a key role in the management of the on-site physical security operations; and assist with supporting the facilities mission critical services.
The individual will lead a team of Real Estate specialists, including Assistant Real Estate Managers (ARMs) and Property Assistants. You will also be tasked to manage third party vendors providing site physical security and other services that may be warranted over time.
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting, forecast and control of operating and capital expenditures for Operational departments such as Data Center Management, Colocation and Remote Hand Management.
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Support Purchase Order and Invoice Register process including accruals and payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and operating/capital expenditures, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Support construction accounting functions
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the other Operations function groups such as Data Center Management, Colocation and Remote Hand Management to solve the accounting (AR/AP), lease terms and site security issues.
- Supervise and approve the administration of the facility liability insurances.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers.
- Together with the other Operations function groups, oversee the selection and performance of vendor services under the Operations division, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met; supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Supervise the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements, strictly for site security vendors.
- Ensures 100% compliance with our security policies and procedures and Customer SLA lease requirements
- Oversees training and SLA compliance of third-party security vendor.
- Supports customer and industry annual compliance and certification requirements (ISO, SOC/PCI, etc.)
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Mitigate / reduce operational risk by providing greater oversight at property level.
- Increase physical security posture and campus-centric expertise to meet SLAs, audit and sales requirement.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset/Property Manager and Accounting Manager to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Support of centralized processes including AR, AP, and others as required.
- Supervise and manage team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Responsible for the development, coaching, and counseling of the team members.
Seniority Level: Mid Senior Level
Job Function: Information Technology