・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑英語力が必要 ☑リモートワーク可能 ☑フレックス勤務
As the Project Management expert in Japan Development (JD), you are responsible for providing high quality project management in order for JD/JPT(Japan Product Team)* to plan & deliver the most competitive asset development strategies to bring impactful medicines to patients by communicating and collaborating with JPT members and various internal/external stakeholders.
*In this document, JPT includes Japan Early Asset Team (JEAT), when relevant.
1.Project Execution & Cross Functional Collaboration
- Serve as a core member of JPT and coordinates JPT activities and deliverables.
- Arrange JPT meetings and actively contributes to cross-functional JPT discussions both from a PM functional perspective and a cross-functional strategic perspective.
- Lead cross-functional communications, involving relevant functions including the stakeholder outside JPT when necessary.
- Support and navigate JPTs for collaboration and effective interactions between JPT and stakeholders/governance.
- In partnership with JPTL (Japan Product Team Leader), drive cross-functional team effectiveness in JPT and foster JPT to become high performing team.
2.Project Planning and Analytics
- In partnership with JPTL, coordinate in creating a robust project development plan in alignment with the global asset strategy, having a consensus in the JPT. When necessary, accountable to compile and provide information necessary in JPT's making most appropriate decisions.
- Track the project plan and execution, having the principal accountability for and leading JPT activities on:
- Monitoring the project progress/timeline and ensure accurate, up-to-date Japan timelines and reporting, focusing on key milestones and critical paths.
- Obtaining a governance budget approval for Japan part of projects in collaboration with PPM/PM in global teams, and monitoring budget status through LBE process (Latest Best Estimate) in collaboration with global finance (Senior Finance Analyst) and relevant functions in JD.
- Proactive risk management for each project, including risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Issue identification and solution.
- Support for cross-project/portfolio discussions and reporting by providing necessary information on responsible projects.
- Driving project-management related initiatives or advancement strategies for project success within JD or the organization, to increase productivity and to be the best in class R&D organization.
- Conduct training and coaching to junior PMs and contribute in building talent pipeline in PMG.
- 5+ years of experiences in R&D related areas in the pharmaceutical industry, including 3+ years clinical development planning phase to approval, or having equivalent knowledge.
- Work experience in cross-functional drug development teams is preferred.
- Work experience in global environment
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or a relevant field
- Advanced degree preferred (MSc / PhD / MBA, etc) or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training
- Industry knowledge in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or other Healthcare related field and understanding of its business
- Sufficient knowledge regarding process of clinical development, NDA and approval and regulations in Japan
- Growing knowledge of program management practices in the pharmaceutical industry
- Basic knowledge for marketing and post marketing surveillance/investigation
- General knowledge of pharmaceutical association (Seiyaku kyo and Pharma etc.)
- Good communication skills, including verbal and written English skills (TOEIC over 750, or equivalent)
- Leadership skills
- Team building and trust building skills
- Analytical & logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Project Management