In this position, you will handle projects and support all aspects of program management within the project. This position will work closely with cross functional teams to plan, supervise, and deliver successful facility launch and transition from existing facilities.
We are looking for a business professional who is experienced to bring knowledge and show success in applying the techniques of planning, directing, and implementing projects using Lean methodologies.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide planning and accountability for effective timely delivery of objectives to implement system, MHE (Material Handling Equipment) and process.
- Recognize opportunities to improve team performance
- Ensure quality and consistency of team execution against project initiatives
- Perform detailed business analysis to identify root causes for progress gaps and issues
- Be intermediate person as liaison between teams including Japan local project team, logistics operation team, APLA (Asia Pacific Latin America region) operations, global center of excellence, local / global tech team and local vendors (MHE, system, and real estate developers) including external consultants).
- Bachelor or master 's degree (A master 's degree in a related field preferred, but not required).
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience
- Consulting background is not mandatory but preferred.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills (Japanese and English), experienced presenter and group facilitator. Exceptional listening skills. Act as a conduit that connects territories, APLA, and Global partners. Promote and maintain effective relationships with work colleague. Demonstrate the Ability to effectively collaborate with senior leaders, managers, and team members. Proven presentation and facilitation skills, including high-profile, executive communications
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- (not mandatory but preferred) Logistics acumen: Experience with distribution center (DC) operations and transitions (including launching new distribution center) is preferred
- Collaboration: Experience planning, facilitating, and leading large cross-functional workshops is preferred. Proven experience working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others. Proven track record to influence others at multiple levels of the organization from entry- level employees to executives
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrate an ability to think strategically, while leading details. Present ideas, anticipate objections, and persuade others to adopt a different point of view
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Project Management