☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
In order for us to help change the experience for millions smartphone users globally it is essential that we also improve outcomes for carriers and OEM partners at the same time. We do this through a process of value co-creation, working collaboratively with our partners to construct new ways of delivering value to both themselves and their consumers, often through the development of new our products and propositions.
The Pre-sales team works to develop solution for carrier and OEM partners, using our end-to-end capability to transform customers mobile experience. Product design incorporates defining the consumer proposition as well as delineating the commercial models for our partnerships and client relationships. The pre-sales team plays a critical role in supporting our business development and growth objectives globally
The Pre-sales manager will work as part of Sales and Business Development team, and closely communicate with the Global Product team, with the following key areas of responsibility:
- Construct proposals for new product opportunities, including both new opportunities with new customers and within existing customers where the opportunity exists to expand the scope or scale of our business. Define the consumer proposition, create alignment on the commercial structure of the products and create pricing proposals. Develop and maintain the primary analytical models which captures the potential value of proposed programs for us and its partners as well as quantifies key elements of risk and uncertainty.
- Working with the Global Product team, develop and improve robust pricing and risk model to optimise value across all stakeholders.
- Develop convincing and engaging material to communicate proposals to clients and partners, leveraging strong logic flows, clear and persuasive supporting analysis, and a motivating business case. Incorporate primary and secondary customer and industry research and leverage case studies from us in life programs to articulate the value our programs deliver.
- Support negotiations with clients and partners with analysis and considered positions, clearly communicated, to optimise the delivery of our products and the value for stakeholders
- Develop expertise and IP on device ownership products offered to consumers both in Japan and Globally and use this to generate insights about industry trends and how to best adapt our products to market trends.
In order to be successful in this role, in addition to working closely with Sales and Business Development team, the Pre-sales manager must work closely with our Customer, Commercial, Operations, IT and Finance teams.
- 4-8 years experience in top-tier management consulting and/or similar roles at the heart of value model and business model construction
- 3+ years experience post consulting, ideally within a tech / consumer brand / consumer finance / telco or media environment, experience within a start up or early life entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- Experience working cross-functionally, leveraging expertise from colleagues to create a solution
- MBA from a leading global program; Bachelor's degree in business, economics or engineering
- Experience working globally across different cultures and business environments
- Japanese and English both in writing and speaking essential
- Structured & agile thinker, ability to quickly understand business models, identify key drivers & interdependencies
- Strong communicator
- Ability to construct compelling storylines to influence, based on robust underlying logic structure
- Ability to structure and design material to tell the story - balancing getting attention with providing the logic and analysis to support
- Clear and engaging presenter
- Creative solution development
- Ability to consider a multi-dimensional challenge and identify paths to meet the needs of different stakeholders
- Ability to think outside of the obvious on how to solve problems and find new solutions
- Highly analytical
- Excel proficient to an advanced level (Experienced in building dynamic models)
- Detail orientated, committed to delivering accurate work
- Empathic listener: Ability to hear and understand challenges from different stakeholders, incorporating these into the solution planning process
- Knowledgeable insider. Build expertise and knowledge on our clients' market and challenges, our area of expertise, and common issues.
- Disruptor. Be comfortable challenging existing ways of working and the status quo.
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
8〜18 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Sales