☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Operation Manager - Seafreight
Global Logistics Company
Roles and Responsibilities & KPIs:
Contribute to the national business strategy from an operation perspective.
Translate the business strategy into a national OPS strategy, aligned with regional OPS strategy and the national strategic objectives, ensure the implementation and compliance to enable the realization of the business strategy. Respective objectives are communicated to ensure understanding of the strategic plan amongst the team members. Identify team and/or individual developmental needs/ opportunities and stimulate and ensure follow-up and execution and to communicate on Company strategy and business results on a regular basis.
The key area of KPI as listed, but not limited to this position.
- Region Financial objectives - Budget Revenue and Profitability
- Country Financial objectives - Budget Profitability and Free-cash-flow
- Individual Objectives, Financial - DETI, Productivity and Consolidation Ratio
- Individual Objectives, Functional - Operational excellence and improvement
Contribute to the development of the plan and budget for Japan and monitor realization, from an Operations perspective, to ensure an integral approach to country management and contribute to the efficiency and profitability of Japan.
- Manage the business strategy into a national operations strategy, which is aligned with Japan budget plan and regional operations strategy.
- Execute operations requirements and fulfil business needs to ensure full compliance and drive productivity efficiency and profitability.
- Maintain an on-going communication with Operations team to ensure alignment with organization direction, productivity, and cost efficiency
Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Working and thinking level 10 years professional experience within industry.
- Business network in Japan including carriers and service providers.
- Knowledge of industry and operating an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good negotiation & Strong Communication skills
- A team player with leadership and excellent organisational driver.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, customer services and Japan customs clearance procedures.
- English Language level: Proficient
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
8~10 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Supply Chain