Network/Solutions Architect for a Medical and Safety Technology Company
Contract Type: Temp to Perm (紹介予定派遣）- Initial 3-6 month contract followed by permanent employment.
Purpose of Function
As part of our company's Professional Services team, the Network/Solutions architect will play a pivotal role
in driving medical device interoperability to improve clinical outcomes, manage costs of care,
improve staff satisfaction, and enhance patient experience for our healthcare clients.
As the Network/Solutions architect for Japan, you will lead the integration work for Acute Care areas
such as intensive care, perioperative care and neonatal care. You will act as the authority for
implementation of new services and solutions for our healthcare clients based on our
Connected Technologies. The system offerings from our Connected Technologies include Data
Integration, Alarm Management, Remote Care, Assisted Therapies, Hospital Data Analytics, Digital
Services and Cybersecurity.
You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of the technical
solutions/activities, which includes understanding the client's needs, building the solution, and
presenting the solution to the client.
The Network/Solutions architect will also be responsible for pre-sales professional services support,
and post-sales professional services support for our Connected Technologies offerings. You will
also ensure that rigorous documentation is created and maintained at all times.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Pre-Sales Professional Services Support
- Collaborate with and support the Sales and Marketing teams to promote our Connected Technologies offerings to enhance the probability of winning large healthcare tenders/opportunities.
- Gather information using our site survey documentation to identify the clients' existing healthcare IT networking infrastructure requirements and capabilities to enable the proposed Connected Technologies solution to be quoted by the sales team in line with customer's requirements.
- Be the technical subject matter expert on healthcare IT integrations and device connectivity for our Connected Technologies offerings. This includes providing direction and or support throughout the implementation and integration of patient monitoring systems and/or therapy devices to the Hospital's Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or Clinical Information System (CIS) via our Gateway to meet customer/contractual requirements.
- Provide a high level of technical demonstrations including internal staff training and development.
Post-Sales Professional Services Support
- Be the technical subject matter expert and provide after-sales support as required for our Connected Technologies offerings to ensure the system is functionally efficiently and meeting customer requirements.
- Escalate field issues that cannot be resolved locally to the appropriate local or overseas business unit or competency center, so issues are resolved effectively and within required timelines.
- Support and maintain installed base throughout the product life cycle to ensure optimum utilization and customer satisfaction. Sales/Service Team Support
- Develop and facilitate training curriculum to internal teams to increase their knowledge and understanding of our Connected Technologies offerings.
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Fostering a culture of safety first, perform all activities with safety as a priority, following OH&S standards and the Integrated Management System (IMS).
・Bilingual (Fluent Japanese and Business Level English)
・Background in Network and Infrastructure (Ideally CISCO)
・Based in Japan