- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑英語力が必要 ☑フレックス勤務 ☑リモートワーク制度
Medical Director, MA, oncology
A Medical Affairs Medical Director has the responsibility to provide medical/scientific input and drive/contribute to the creation of medical strategy and is capable of supervising all of the aspects of medical affairs (clinical and health economic evidence generation, medical engagement, provision of medical advice to internal stakeholders) and making decisions requiring medical insights, medical monitoring and sign off for medical governance activities such as study concept, protocol, study reports, publication and specific promotional materials.
- Takes initiative for defined Japan medical affairs work for a medicine(s) supporting specific cross functional meetings.
- Takes initiative for the development and execution of the Japan Medical Affairs Plan and the medical sections for the strategic launch plan for one or more medicines.
- Integrates Japan environment needs and medical voice of customer (patients, providers) into medical affairs strategy.
- Leads/contributes to the design & delivery of Medical affairs sponsored study/ collaboration study and review Investigator initiated study in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders such as Evidence generation team and outcome research team.
- Contributes to appropriate Japan scientific engagement between the company and external communities in order to advance scientific and medical understanding including the appropriate development and use of our medicines, the management of disease, and patient care.
- Ensures Japan external experts are appropriately engaged over the lifecycle of the medicine in close collaboration with Medical Science Liason team.
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure delivery of all assigned medical activities to support life cycle management, ensuring integrity of scientific content.
- Applies sound medical governance for all activities
- Is accountable for maintaining product and disease expertise on the medicine(s).
- Conducts appropriate training for internal audiences: MA department staff and commercial functions.
- Reviews and approves educational and sales materials for medical and scientific accuracy.
- Supports the career and competency development of subordinate(s).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- This position requires peer to peer discussions with medical professionals and medical/scientific colleagues hence previous excellent medical engagement skills are preferred.
- This position requires the ability to design and execute evidence generation studies and interpret evidence/data to drive optimal patient care and Japan reimbursement.
- Must be aware of Japan healthcare environment and needs of external customers.
- Must demonstrate Oncology area expertise.
- Must have relevant clinical and scientific understanding including how to design clinical studies for evidence generation and evaluate data.
- English skills to perform duties.
- Must have experience of multiple publication in English peer-reviewed journals
Seniority Level： Mid Senior Level