[ポジション] Legal Manager(日本の弁護士資格要）
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Roles and Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here's just some of what you'll do in this role:
- Support Business Development. Support new development work and business initiatives for the merchant acquiring business, including online and App capabilities as well as new acquiring models and partnerships. Review and advise on merchant acquisition (both global and local), merchant campaigns and offers, operational risk and related initiatives and executions.
- Manage Business Contracts. Draft, review, negotiate and amend all types of business contracts for the company. Provide advice and assistance to management on standard agreements and terms and conditions of business or business processes.
- Manage Regulatory Affairs. Monitor and advise on proposed changes to legal requirements in Japan which impact the company. This includes financial services and payment systems regulation, consumer protection, emoney, competition, data privacy and outsourcing laws. Partner closely with Government Affairs and Compliance to support lobbying efforts, resolve issues of interpretation and advise on implementation as required.
- Deals and Strategy. Support major deals and business strategic initiatives with creative, proactive and business outcomes-focused advice, including M&A matters, strategic alliances and the structuring and negotiation of critical deals.
- Manage Dispute Resolution. Provide advice on and management of litigation, disputes and claims, whether as plaintiff or defendant. Try to seek constructive, "win-win" solutions in the interests of upholding the company brand and shareholder value.
- General. Provide general guidance and advice to stakeholders on legal entity governance, business structuring and all other legal and regulatory matters that arise in a Fortune 100 company.
- Manage legal expenses to allocated budget. Support reporting, administrative and GCO activities.
- Qualified and admitted/licensed lawyer in Japan. Candidates should have at least  years post-qualification experience in financial services, payments, technology or a related field. Prior in-house experience with financial institution or multi-national corporation preferred.
- Language. Fluent in both written and spoken Japanese and English with proven ability to draft and negotiate complex contracts in both languages.
- Communication. First class oral and written communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex legal matters clearly and concisely to business partners and other colleagues in the region.
- Relationship Building. Proven ability to build relationships and influence across peer groups and other colleagues.
- Business Acumen and Innovation. Goes beyond giving legal advice to understand broad business implications and to add value to business strategy. Takes responsibility for understanding and solving complex problems in flexible and creative ways.
- Professional poise. Maintains grace under pressure and demonstrates the ability to impart discipline and calm to stressful situations. A persuasive advocate who speaks up on difficult issues but is also able to lay out a path to practical solutions.
- Agility and Collaboration. Works in an agile manner in collaboration with key stakeholders to drive results. Excellent time management skills and ability to balance priorities effectively to meet business needs in short timeframes.
- Energetic and practical application of legal skills and knowledge to business situations and problems.
- A positive attitude, growth mindset, will to win and a team player.
就業時間：9:00 - 17:30
Seniority Level：Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal