[Position] Junior Commercial Financial Analyst
[Salary] 5~8 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Consumer Products Company
30% - Proactively support budget planning process by providing necessary analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner (including annual budgeting and Strategic planning process) - Prepare forecasted financials by working closely with the key stakeholders in other departments and constantly track the achievement of the forecast.
Perform variance analysis between forecast and actuals and deliver summary reports. Provide commentary on the key reasons driving the variances, not only from a numeric perspective, but also from a business perspective.
Create volume file, understand and highlight / communicate R&Os
Create SGA report, understand and highlight / communicate R&Os
Create A&P report, understand and highlight / communicate R&Os
Create Brand and Channel PL, understand and highlight / communicate R&Os
Participate in meetings and proactively communicate with the necessary parties including oversea teams.
Consolidate requests from various parties and incorporate into financial plans.
25% - Process Improvements / Business Partnership - Constantly assess the current process, and seek for the opportunities for improvements, and opportunities to simplify / automate. Proactively take the lead in realizing the simplification efforts with support from key stakeholders.
20% - Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting - non-routine type analysis and report based on the requests from the manager, management team and business partners. Create What-if/Simulations analysis model to support growth based on business understanding
20% - Provide operational support - validate A&P / rebate promotion requests, invoices, activity status, educational training and summary reports etc.
5% - Closing - prepare closing documents, post journal entries, reconcile PL and BS and provide commentaries etc.
***This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.***
Education/ Experience Requirements
- 0-3 years' experience in financial planning and analysis in a multinational company.
- College Degree (BS - Business/Finance)
- Advanced Excel skills is a must
- Experience with Google Sheet and Google Data studio is a plus.
- ERP system experience (SAP) is a plus
- Experience in the FMCG industry is advantageous.
- Experience in sales or marketing is a plus
Expected Areas of Skills
- Knowledge of financial & managerial accounting.
- Attention to details
- Have a detailed understanding of financial disciplines and knowledge of the US / Japan GAAP
- Demonstrated strong oral / written communications skills in Japanese and English including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Cross functional communication and project management skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong strategic / analytical skills.
Social insurance, Retirement allowance, Remote work system, etc.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Finance, Analyst