☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Global Healthcare Company
In order to meet the expectations of patients, their families, and people all over the world, we are conducting the world's most advanced research and development in the field of regenerative medicine every day.
Your role in this position is to supervise information technology operations related to the development, application, and launch of regenerative cell medicines, and to ensure proper and smooth implementation of these operations. If you deem it necessary, in the course of fulfilling your role, you will report it in writing to the Global Head of IT and provide your opinion on necessary measures. Your specific duties are as follows.
- Provide leadership and direction for scaling support for a rapidly growing APAC organization
- Manage on-premise and cloud IT infrastructure including ISP connections, networking hardware, remote office and video conference systems to ensure seamless user experience for team members spanning European HQ, satellite offices and remote employees
- Support security standards (antivirus, firewall, patching, two-factor authentication, access)
- Provide IT helpdesk services to internal customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported issues
- Embrace self-service, self-help and training methods by which employees can independently resolve problems, including developing an internal knowledge base
- Constantly evaluate the security of our existing IT operations and propose the implementation of scalable, industry-standard solutions to keep our team member data and intellectual property safe and secure
- Identify ways to streamline common processes and ensure we maximize value within the Global IT function
- Conduct Proof of Concept activities, delivery and technical solutions assessments as needed
- Work/collaborate with business function and global IT teams to shape solutions and manage backlog
- Maintain asset inventory, software purchases, licenses
- Team up with Global IT to develop and manage an IT strategy focused on "best in class" IT infrastructure and internal customer service for a distributed team
- Independently own and simultaneously drive multiple IT projects with guidance from Global IT
In carrying out your duties, you will coordinate with the following relevant departments.
- Operations: Human Resources and Finance
- Business: Marketing and Brand Teams
- Managed Service Provider and Help Desk (outsourced)
As our corporate culture is rich in entrepreneurial spirit, you will be required to have a self-motivated hands-on attitude to take on challenges on your own regardless of your position. That includes, among others, insight into understanding the nature and scale of the issues occurring in the field, hearing ability to elicit information from parties involved, and ownership and explanation ability to escalate issues when they are beyond your scope.
The ideal candidate will at least have a bachelor's degree. IT certifications will be appreciated but are not required. Native level of Japanese and ability to communicate in English for business purposes are also required.
Future career paths could include Senior Manager, IT ; Project Manager, IT or Associate Director, IT. You could also be stationed in the U.S. to take advantage of your knowledge and experience. At this point in time, we are working on the world's most advanced medical development with the Japanese market as the forerunner, so the ideal candidate will be a person who, based on the past experience, wants to learn, take on new challenges, and grow in a global environment.
Required Experience(More than5 years)
1. 5+ years' experience in IT Operations or IT Support in a professional environment
2. Hardware: desktops, laptops, physical/virtual servers, data center
3. Operating Systems: Windows, macOS
4. Tools: Office365 Suite, Teams, SharePoint Online
5. Strong network fundamentals and support experience: network configurations, VPN, printing, etc.
6. Strong experience in working effectively and directly with all levels of an organization, including executives and non-technical audiences
7. Experience leading technical teams/vendors to deliver projects
8. Experience Project Management experience
Analyzes the situation, sets goals, and acts autonomously.
Boldly challenges inexperienced areas and turns curiosity into work while learning.
Clarifies various uncertainties and takes necessary actions quickly.
Flexibly responds to changes in priorities.
Communicates with related parties with various backgrounds.
Gains insight into the business environment and develops business plans with a bird's eye view.
Required degree: Bachelor
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
8~10 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Health Care Provider