・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
IT Governance Director
＊Flexible working hours and work from home options available!
Major foreign life insurance company
Technology Services group is looking for an IT Governance Manager who will lead and support optimization of technology governance across core pillars of IT processes, cost/portfolio controls and strategic management. In addition, this role will frequently facilitate messaging of complex plans to executive leadership and partner with Sr. executives to implement improvement and maintenance measures that support efficient achievement of IT/business objectives and results. She/he will play a critical role in driving IT governance improvements internally and externally.
- Proactively identifies areas of IT governance deficiencies and works to develop and implement a holistic improvement strategy/plan
- Manages the creation, communication, management, and monitoring of IT governance improvement plans and initiatives
- Initiates and facilitates governance planning processes within the organization, often seeking support/buy-in from senior level officers/leaders.
- Supports the IT planning process and bringing an iterative approach to planning, revisiting plans on an ongoing basis to remain aligned with the departmental, business and industry needs
- Translates senior management areas of concern and improvement into a department-wide improvement program and approach, with service level and business objectives as goals
- Manages and implements Japan and Global Technology communication and change related governance improvements and supports the relevant communication to staff within the IT department.
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
- Collaborate with partners to drive operating metrics and other management routines to ensure priorities are met.
- Exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relationships and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- 7+ years of experience in an IT function, with experience in IT governance, audit, or compliance related scope of work
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to build relationships at all levels, work cross-organizationally, and lead through influence.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to communicate complex technical messages and trade-offs to tell a compelling story
- High degree of organizational and structured operating skills; able to prioritize appropriate and keep track of multiple concurrent projects and deliverables.
- Resourcefulness: ability to creatively and independently get work done through influence and relationships.
- Execution orientation, attention to detail, and bias for action.
- High degree of business and financial acumen combined with practical approach and ability to make recommendations based on available information.
- Solutions-orientation; perceives and either resolves or escalates risks or obstacles as appropriate.
- Strong synthesis and learning agility; connects dots and thinks strategically about business planning, governance, and solutions.
- Organizational intelligence; able to operate effectively in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Ability to foster and drive organizational change through process optimization, change leadership and the development of a strong network of partners.
- Excellent presentation, written, oral, and relationship-building skills.
- BA/ BS degree required
- Japanese : Advanced
- English : Advanced
- Work permission in Japan required
15-19 million JPY
Social insurance, health checks, defined contribution pension, savings scheme, housing allowance, commuting allowance, family allowance, remote working (2.3 days per week)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave, special paid leave, refreshment leave, volunteer leave, maternity leave, childcare leave, nursing care leave.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology