[Position] IR Director
[Salary] 13~18 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Food chain Company
- Partner with Communications and Finance to manage the preparation and execution of quarterly earnings calls, investor and analyst conference calls, collaborating with the legal and finance departments as necessary to ensure compliance with all securities laws and regulations. This includes, but is not limited to press releases, management scripts and FAQ preparation, and acting as a spokesperson as necessary
- Partner with Communications and General Affairs to manage the preparation and execution of the Annual General Shareholders Meeting, collaborating with the legal and finance departments as necessary to ensure compliance with all securities laws and regulations. This includes, but is not limited to management scripts and FAQ preparation and review, preparation of the venue and acting as a spokesperson for financial and IR related questions from the shareholders at the Q & A session
- Partner in the development of all communications and activities directed to the investment community, including earnings announcements, FAQ materials, investor conferences, investor visits/analyst days, one-on-one meetings, annual report, shareholder reports and presentations
- Work closely with key leaders on public responses to issues impacting the company's financial performance. Anticipate market reactions to possible disclosures and advise accordingly
- Compile data, produce and file TSE reporting in a timely and accurate manner according to regulations - including, but not limited to the Annual Securities Report and Quarterly Financial Report (TANSHIN)
- Build and maintain key relationships and frequently interact with the external constituents to effectively communicate information regarding financial performance, strategy and future direction. Respond to inquiries from investors, stock analysts, and other external constituencies as appropriate - via phone, written and face to face (in-person and virtual)
- Partner on strategic corporate and brand messages with other members of the investor relations and communications teams to ensure consistency and compliance. Proactively anticipate and drive key investor messages based on company performance, industry events and competitive dynamics.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Global Investor Relations Team to keep them informed about IR activities, ensure alignment and message consistency
- Become an "expert" about our business model and operations and the Food Service Industry by regularly reviewing industry statistics and market share data, and comparing version internal information - plan/strategic plan presentations, ongoing forecasts, etc.
- Stay current on our strategy/financials/performance, peer company performance and related activities, industry news, financial market trends, and analyst reports. Summarize and brief company management on key issues that may impact share price in a pro-active and timely fashion. Digest and circulate key industry and competitive news and investor information internally to management and others.
- Build and maintain strong, working relationships between IR and business operating units, Communications, Treasury, Legal, Tax Finance, external vendors
- Complete and provide quality review of financial and shareholder analyses as needed; including but not limited to the Quarterly IR report
- Understand business, accounting and regulatory issues as they arise and their impact on results
- Coach, develop and lead a team, providing mentorship, feedback and direction; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential; thus, allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
- 10 years relevant experience, including financial experience in a publicly traded company
- Leadership experience managing the investor relations function in a publicly traded company (ideally within the restaurant industry)
- Good oral and written business level communication and presentation skills in Japanese and English
- In-depth knowledge of the TSE and investment community is essential. In addition, understanding of global economy and global stock market is preferred.
- Experience crafting investor communications and a legacy of creating positive relations with the investor community a plus
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable creating positive relationships internally and externally and supporting c-suite level leaders
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability, in a constantly fast-evolving environment
Flex time / Remote work system
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Finance