☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Internal Network Engineer
Global Insurance Company
- The Network Engineer will be working side-by-side in a bilingual environment to build a comprehensive and streamlined networking infrastructure. Network architecture and designs, Network automation, end-to-end lifecycle management, device configurations, device upgrades and replacements throughout each datacenter and all office & branches.
- Leverage proven industry standards to automate key portions of the network environments
- Network engineering, operations and monitoring function throughout environment.
- Provides network engineering team leadership in areas of expertise.
- Together with global team research on latest technologies and best practices in specific areas to develop designs including security, availability, and performance
- Performs advanced tests, documents best practices and upgrades of network devices.
- Tests new solutions, tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Resolves complex problems utilizing structured troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Interfaces with vendors (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) on complex systems problems.
- Interfaces directly with vendors, peers, application developers and management, as needed.
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners
- Represents team on major collaborative efforts for key IT and company initiatives.
- Creates high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Prepare network proposals with financial impact on hardware & software.
- Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
- Train, mentor, and provide technical guidance to junior associates on network topics.
- Manages inbound requests to the team within technical area.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 4-8 years' experience in all phases of network design, installation, and maintenance in voice/data telecommunications network technology.
- A broad general knowledge of network operations, network security, storage network designs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of voice/data network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies, and protocols.
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Pays attention to details and ensures accuracy and high quality.
- Communicates effectively within infrastructure team and with other external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in the company.
- Clean, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Able to configure Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network devices at all levels.
Hold an active network related certification such as:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
- Palo Alto Networks - Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese preferred
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
10~12 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Other