・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Innovation Brand Manager
The Innovation Brand manager plays a critical role in the North Asia Marketing team . The mission consists in supporting teams and / or personally driving projects that aim at growing our business through innovation (Retail and Out of Home ). It requires gathering and sharing deep understanding of the market consumers as well as identifying and addressing new growth opportunities . This is a transversal mission that involves dealing across brands, across teams (Global Marketing and Development + Local Sales & Trade Marketing teams) and also through domains of expertise (communication / new product development / project management).
The role is mainly focused on Japan, but is also a regional role encompassing S Korea
3 Pillars of Activity (and estimated allocation during 1st year of mandate) - Key Stakeholders:
1) Category / Brand Innovation Projects
- Supports innovation manager in deepening understanding, monitoring and sharing of innovation trends / consumer trends/ and support in identifying growth opportunities (inno / reno / in and out of category)
- Drives with marketing director development of Japan plant base offer (new or current brands)
- Drives ad-hoc and cross brand / category related innovation and or communication projects (co-manufacturing / exploratory projects / etc…) (innovation & brand managers, marketing director).
- Under the responsibility of the innovation manager progressively leads preparation & execution of the North Asia CODEV (Cross functional Co-Development monthly strategy planning and execution meeting)
2) Out of Home
- Supports the development of overall marketing OOH strategy and identification of key growth pillars
- Drive identification and execution of co-branding business (partners /communication)
- Supports brand marketing & OOH sales teams with planning & execution of animation / activation initiatives in Out of Home
- Drive innovation in the field of Out of Home and support on co-manufacturing business opportunity development
3) Strategic Category Management
- Leads monthly reporting of market & category performances (key stakeholders: strategic insights / brand & digital managers / sales analyst) including innovation
- Leads monitoring & sharing of category evolution & trends / consumer trends / macro trends (key stakeholders: strategic insights / sales & trade marketing)
- Support the building of a locally relevant & compelling category vision and category management strategy (trade marketing / marketing managers)
With at least 5-8 years of experience in marketing, you have developed a solid and holistic understanding of FMCG business & consumers. You are perfectly fluent in strategy set up, marketing strategies & tactic, project management and P&L management.
In particular, skills required are:
- P&L management
- Business steering and commercial acumen
- Communication & media strategy, creative development experience
- Package design development
- Pricing strategy
- Innovation / product development
- Project management
- Consumer insights & market research acumen
- Analytical skill (quantitative/qualitative)
You are fluent in Japanese and have strong communication skills English, verbal and written
(desired professional working proficiency level of English) - knowledge of French is a plus.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Marketing, Product Management