☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Indirect Sourcing & Procurement Specialist
Global Entertainment Company
- The individual will be part of International Sourcing and Procurement division, which is responsible for Procurement activities outside of domestic US.
- The individual will be involved in sourcing initiatives with a specific focus on indirect categories e.g. technology, general services, marketing and supply chain spend areas across Japan
- The individual will be a primary interface with Business Unit operators to fulfil their Procurement needs and lead efforts to source and procure goods and services to support Company operational requirements.
- The individual will manage vendors with a focus on supply base, increasing spend with fewer vendors and optimizing the value to the end user.
- The individual will help Senior Sourcing Manager build and lead cross-functional teams responsible for developing and implementing Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. They will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- The individual will report to the Senior Manager, Sourcing & Procurement - Japan and work under his instructions on a daily basis.
- Have an extensive procurement background in indirect sourcing categories e.g. technology, general services, supply chain and marketing categories of spend. Experience in production sourcing will be an added advantage
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following models established by Sourcing focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process.
- Plan and execute activities to ensure prompt placement of orders for materials, supplies, equipment and services as required
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best practices.
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company.
- Meet clients' requirements for service, quality and value at lowest total cost.
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning.
- Be aware of market trends and conditions in the technology, general services, supply chain and marketing space and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients.
- Research and implement "best practice" procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise.
- Provide support to other territories as needed.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved.
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience with strong record of procurement, world class procurement department.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of general services, supply chain and marketing categories and experience managing related procurement activity.
- Proven category management experience.
- Experience operating as an internal business consultant.
- Experience in working in a virtual team.
- Excellent stakeholder influencing skills.
- Advanced analytical skills to support complex financial modeling.
- Experience in problem solving and analytical methods is critical.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability/desire to work in a multi cultural, multi territory environment.
- English Language level: Fluent
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
6~8.5 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Supply Chain Purchasing