※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Government Affairs Lead (Oncology)
[Salary] 12〜17 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
- Develop the strategy in alignment with business priorities, global GA(Government Affairs) strategy and company's mindset as well as based on insights from stakeholders and from policy and HCS analysis
- Develop action plan to operationalize the strategy and secure budget, including development of internal and external positions/narratives/toolkits, outreach approaches, localization of multi-country projects among others
- Advise General Manager and Leadership Team on external environment, potential partnership, policy and HCS challenges and opportunities impacting the portfolio (GA launch readiness assessments) and advise on how to address them, driving HCS centricity
- Bring perspective, Therapies' expertise and GA capability to alignment platforms of various externally facing functions
The Government affairs Lead will be a member of the Leadership Team and responsible for strategic partnerships and policy creation and for driving the HCS centricity in support of strategy in therapies and in order to establish them as new cancer care paradigm. This includes but is not limited to:
- the development of strategic partnerships and external stakeholder engagements (e.g. industry alliances, multi-stakeholder alliances, PPPs), in particular with a focus on therapies, prostate cancer/men's health and footprint, in order to maximize the therapies share of voice to (public) decision makers and to facilitate innovative PPPs
- policy shaping towards better alignment of radioprotection and drug/health policies, more effective regulation of radiopharmaceuticals along entire life cycle (e.g. exclusivities, regulatory pathways, ...) and disease area policy as applicable
- HCS strengthening with a particular focus on strengthening healthcare infrastructure and systems of care for therapies (e.g. via reform processes) as well as on tailoring and securing public/3rd party funding for therapies' education, therapies' research and therapies' infrastructure
Engages with multiple external stakeholder groups while securing internal alignment with other functions (e.g. commercial/access, R&D/regulatory, medical, legal, comms & advocacy, tech ops) and with e.g. group public affairs, oncology to maximize impact for the therapies platform.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Native level Japanese & Business level English
- 5+ years working experience in a GA/international relations/public affairs or related business setting
- Proven history of developing impactful partnesrhip, policy and/ HCS strategies to meet external stakeholder needs and business priorities
- Independently and successfully managed complex projects with high visibility, ability to lead without authority
- Understanding of biotech and / or pharma business model and drug development process
- Understanding of key topics in healthcare, nuclear energy and politics
- Ability to understand and translate scientific/oncology concepts into political stakeholder language
- Understanding of political developments, the structure of administrative organizations and administrative practices
- Strong external representation and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel (15%)
- Proven skills which are critical for success of GA
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider