☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
GL Senior Accountant
Industrial Equipment Company
[ Position Summary ]
The following tasks are examples and will be adapted according to the situation. This is a leadership position in general accounting, where work is shared with other general accounting staff, but the position is also responsible for organising other general accounting staff, including the management of the progress of financial closing operations, and working in cooperation with other accounting department staff. The position is also expected to act as a back-up to the work of the Finance Controller.
[ Duties and Responsibilities ]
- Preparation of data required for corporate tax and consumption tax returns and submission to tax accountants
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing correspondence
- Tax audit support
- Internal Audit support
- Accounting procedures in accordance with global accounting policies
- Various performance reporting tasks
- SOX operation and management
- Depreciable asset tax returns
- Various tax payment processes
- Fixed asset management (including leased assets)
- Back-up for accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit operations
- Other ad hoc support based on various operational requirements
- Business improvement
[Desired Skills and Requirements]
- Experience in closing accounts (monthly, quarterly, annual)
- General accounting knowledge (able to handle a full range of financial closing tasks)
- SAP FI experience
- Tax knowledge (corporate tax, consumption tax, depreciable assets tax, withholding tax, stamp tax)
- Excel (level of ability to use functions such as Vlookup, SUMIF, etc.)
- Business level English (able to communicate in meetings in English as well as via email)
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience with HFM (Hyperion)
- Knowledge and experience of US GAAP
- Experience of working under SOX
- Experience in tax reporting (including dealing with tax firms)
- Web Banking experience
- SAP system experience (non-FI modules)
- English Language level: Business level (written and spoken)
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
5〜8 million JPY
（Experiences and skills will be considered)
- Working hours 9am - 5pm.
- Hybrid work style, 50% work from home, 50% in office.
- Workstyle is not permanent and will be reviewed at an indefinite future date.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing