☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote
Global Fintech Company
This is a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from customers without credit cards.
We are looking for engineers to join the platform team. We build and support an innovative payment platform that processes cardless payments, opening up convenient online commerce for people without credit cards. Every day, week & month, our challenge is to scale and support the growing merchant and consumer base, evolve along their needs, while maintaining and protecting simplicity along all dimensions.
About the team:
We're growing fast and we know that what worked a year ago won't necessarily work a year from now. This applies to our technology and the organization of our teams. This offers tremendous opportunities for those willing to take ownership and responsibilities. We believe in honesty & empathy, introspection & collaboration, laughter & relationships, play to your strengths and patch your weaknesses, ask questions at all times, stay open-minded.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Our product & platform revolves around data. Looking at our future, we need to look at every piece of our business architecture and infrastructure with a detailed and critical eye. You will help us be thoughtful and deliberate about tackling the right bottlenecks, as well as develop new features and support, extend or simplify the existing ones. You'll have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of creating simple user experiences for complex products.
- You will work with colleagues and teams building and improving a variety of services and features for internal and external users:
- Single page application for consumers: What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions we offer.
- Frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their payments online. All of our merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it's about.
- Our internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants & consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. We aim to increase our efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Instrument the systems with monitoring and alerting to ensure accuracy, availability and responsiveness.
What We Offer You:
- Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Skills and Requirements:
- You have a degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent through experience
- You enjoy building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
- You have team-based software development experience, and enjoy working with different stakeholders
- You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- You enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- You actively seek better consumer experiences and make design proposals through wireframes, sketches and mockups
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- You have a high bar for producing clean, maintainable and testable code
- You are comfortable working in a big codebase with multiple stakeholders
- You love learning and are not afraid to jump in
Nice to have
- You are familiar with creating B2C user experiences
- Experience with financial or payment product
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
6~8 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Other