FP&A Senior Analyst
Prepare and analyze the actual vs. the forecasted financials, including annual budgets, marketing plans and weekly/monthly revenue forecasts. Perform variance analysis on financial statements and comment on business issues from a business point of view, as opposed to a clerical point of view. Coverage includes revenue, the cost of goods and operating expenses, cash flow and balance sheet items. Process improvement is also one of the core expectations for this position. Deliver adhoc (non-routine) analysis to support important business projects and decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial forecasting and analysis (including annual budgeting process) - Prepare forecasted financials (revenue and costs) by working closely with the key stakeholders in other departments and constantly track the achievement of the forecast.
- Perform period closing activities, including variance analysis between forecast and actuals, management report preparation and explanations of the main reasons driving variances (not only from a numeric perspective, but also from a business perspective).
- Proactively make recommendations to achieve the targets of the annual budget/latest projection
- Process Improvements/Business Partnership: Constantly assess current processes and seek opportunities to implement improvements.
- Develop and implement value-added analysis to achieve business objectives
- Support Ad hoc Analysis & Reporting: Perform non-routine type analysis and reports based on requests from manager, the management team, or APAC office.
- Project support: lead or participate as key finance partner in various projects
Education/ Experience Requirements
- At least 5-7 years, extensive experience in financial planning and analysis in multinational company
- Bachelor or master's degree (Finance/Economics/Business major preferred)
- Experience in medical device industry is advantageous
Expected Areas of Competence
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and analysis. Storytelling with numbers
- Solid understanding of general accounting including practical experience
- Overall: 5-10 year's business experience
- Cross functional communication and project management skills
- Strong process management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point and ERP. Experience with SAP and Hyperion is a plus
- A self-starter and hands-on person
- 英語力：Advanced-level of oral and written communication skills in Business English is required
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Finance, Analyst