[ポジション] Finance Manager
[給与] 850~ 1300万円
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Attorney Firm
General Accounting and Financial Management
- Manage and control Tokyo finance functions for all four entities.
- Assist the Director of Administration in preparing the annual operating budget for the Tokyo office.
- Oversee deposits of daily collections and advises firm of receipts received.
- Review monthly report, monitor office expenditures and explain variances from budget.
- Monitor daily cash position. Prepare cash forecast and transfer excess funds to San Francisco Finance.
- Maintain Bank Mandate information by adding/deleting new partners and other signatories as requested.
- Monitor time-note compliance against the firm's submission policy.
- Liaise with San Francisco Finance on various accounting functions.
- Recommend and implement changes to programs, policies and procedures to comply with new legislation and regulations, and to adhere to firm practices.
- Maintain internal controls over the safeguarding of firm assets.
- Consult with all levels of firm management and staff. Resolve day-to-day questions and issues from accounting system and firm procedures. Act as a technical resource to staff and attorneys regarding non-routine accounting or collections questions.
- Manage and direct A/P team.
- Review monthly General Ledger Detail report and arrange corrective journal entries with San Francisco if necessary.
- Collaborate with the San Francisco to develop Accounting or other IT systems.
Billing, Collections, and Rates
- Apply detailed knowledge of professional methods and underlying concepts while working with Management on billing and collection issues.
- Ensure the billing & collection processes offer the highest level of reliability consistent with the business need.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams as necessary to resolve operational problems and minimize wip to collection cycle time; develop solutions for future needs.
- Lead effective management of unbilled and accounts receivable inventories through focused account reviews, year-end inventory reviews with staff and management, problem solving, developing and implementing actionable solutions, etc.
- Collaborate with Finance and billing attorneys to establish and manage billing structures, including potential discounts, fee caps, tiered discounts and/or matter budgets. Responsibilities may include checking rates and client guidelines and revaluing rates as appropriate; monitor alternative fee arrangements including fee caps, tier discounts, and matter budgets; participate in the annual rate implementation process; setting up and monitoring alerts; communicating with Master Files and management regarding discounts, write-downs, and write-offs, etc.
- Communicate directly with clients as requested or as established, including following up on collections and contacting clients as needed. Concisely communicate arrangements with attorneys and clients on their matters; provide clients with requested information on any special billing and or collection arrangements. Respond to all inquires relating to same.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and expertise throughout portfolio of clients and billing attorneys. Develop analysis and research related to assigned portfolios, providing concise, detail-based documentation, statistics, and recommendations. Respond to inquiries relating to accruals, audits and payments report; provide rate analysis upon request; recommend solutions base on billing trends relating billing conversion and cash realization; and prepare ad hoc reports upon request. Document procedures.
Tax and Payroll
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
Education and Experience
・Bachelor's degree, accounting degree, license or equivalent required.
・5-8 years dedicated accounting and finance experience required.
・At least 3 years of experience supervising teams.
・Hands-on experience performing complex accounting analysis, including significant experience with Excel, and Word required. Elite and Chrome River experience preferred.
・Law Firm or professional services background with international exposure preferred
・Experience in Japanese income tax filling preferred,
Teamwork and Applied Skills
・High level of business acumen and ability to multi-task.
・Strong verbal and written communication skills.
・Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
・Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
・Talent for delivering client service through teamwork.
・Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
・Strong initiative to proactively increase value to the position.
・Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of paper and electronic data.
・Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
・High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
・Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
Seniority Level Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing