☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
☑Remote ☑Flex time
What you will do
- Responsible for planning events and conferences in Japan and supporting on wider regional events when required.
- Serves as an advisor and event management expert, proposing value-add event activity and direction around marketing initiatives and priorities. This includes working with the lines of business on the objective and program plan for each event
o Builds and fosters working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Works independently on events from conception to reconciliation against best practice operating procedures; including pre-event organization, budget management, compliance approvals, onsite execution, staff management, senior management liaison, final cost analysis
o Event admin requirements: management of the various event databases and internal systems
o Event management (internal and external) requirements. Prepare and develop the event overview, onsite event briefing and post event report etc. This includes onsite/virtual support to efficiently execute the events and liaise with vendors on event requirements
o Measures the success of each event with the right metrics and through the correct systems and processes
- Proactively works to mitigate risk, as an enterprise control function
o Ensures events are planned within company guidelines and best practice. Manages the risks associated with events to protect the brand. Proactively engages Compliance, Legal, Risk, Marketing, Corporate Security, Corporate Communications, and other key partners as needed
- Supports other marketing and communications deliverables as the needs arise. These include, but are not limited to, managing the local website, delivering sponsorship events, governing branding across event and other marketing collateral, and supporting the firm's ESG programs.
- Fluency in English; native-level Japanese to be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in event management, or equivalent experience from a PR / marketing / advertising background
- Have a natural ability to build relationships with key partners & manage relationships
- Experience in managing virtual and in-person events
- Excels under pressure and confident handling last-minute details and changes and a heavy seasonal workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and with the ability to learn many internal systems, processes, and procedures
- Professional demeanor; decisive with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team player, willing to proactively contribute to the success of the entire Communications, Marketing and Corporate Affairs team
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
English Language level: Fluent level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Marketing, Public Relations