・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Would you be interested in working for a company that encourages their employees to use 4% of their work time to engage in trainings for their career development? Would be in interested in a company prioritizes diversity and inclusion as a critical part of their growth and also encourages their employees to use 90% of their paid leave and provides 7 additional days of paid leave per year?
Enterprise Resiliency Officer
- Permanent position with 80% remote work and 20 annual PTO + additional 7 days
- An opportunity to oversee and implement IT Disaster Recovery of the entire APAC region of a global firm.
- An opportunity to build network across different IT departments and enhance career as a head of Global Projects in an enterprise level.
- Salary is 13M total
Global Insurance company
Act as Enterprise Resiliency Officer with primary responsibility for the IT Disaster Recovery Program focusing on data centre failover testing, disaster recovery plans, application table-top reviews, overseeing enterprise tool usage, cloud migration testing, SaaS provider reviews, major incident monitoring, and continuity planning for technology functions.
- Manage all aspects of planning and execution of the site wide data centre tests, liaison with all infrastructure and application teams, business testers, offshore support teams and management.
- Monitors status of disaster recovery plans (DRP) for applications and notifies application teams when updates are due
- Monitors status of Technical Recovery Plans (TRP) for infrastructure system components and notifies Infrastructure system support teams when updates are due
- Facilitates a table-top exercise for data centre failover level exercise as well as single application-level exercise
- Reviews our Disaster Recovery policy and determines applications that need to be tested each year
- Coordinates with application teams and IT infrastructure teams on applications that need to be excused from testing and documents exceptions per guidelines
- Facilitates communications and issue resolution during DR exercises between application teams, IT infrastructure teams and our DR teams
- Provides end of day testing status to management during DR exercises
- Work with application teams and IT Infrastructure teams to capture issues encountered during DR exercises in a common format across IT
- Facilitates remediation of issues documented during DR exercises with our DR teams and others as needed
- Monitor GEAR and CMDB data and notify application teams when anomalies are identified
- Coordinates with Group Company and Global IT DR teams on process and management updates
- Coordinates with BU IT DR lead to conduct SaaS DR capability review including cloud-based application review
- Supports BCM program implementation in Infrastructure support organization
- Supports incident monitoring for P1 events, DR invocations at data centre level and IMT level engagement
- Organize ITDR Forum involved with all businesses in Japan
- Create scope documents, communication deck, detailed result reporting for all DR exercises.
Internal Interactions (Within the Organization)
- Global Resiliency Team
- Global ITDR Team
- ITDR Advocates and Leads
- Application managers and owners
- IT Infrastructure system support teams
External Interactions (Outside the Organization)
- Third party support providers including Cloud and Mainframe
- Strategic Outsourced partners
- Primary or Secondary degree in a related technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science
- CBCP, ITIL, PMP or similar certification
- Minimum of 5 years IT Disaster Recovery experience working in large scale IT environments
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in global organizations.
- Experience in - ITIL, Cloud technology, SharePoint
- Experience working with Global Delivery Partners a plus
- Prior experience in an International environment preferable
- Working knowledge of General Insurance or Financial Services preferable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Japanese/English
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure and good knowledge of application development.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions where appropriate
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills - IT oriented
- Good knowledge of compliance monitoring and review
- Ability to provide guidance to diverse teams and gain cooperation on steps to move forward
- MS Office suite proficiency
11-13 million JPY
Social insurance, Commuting allowance, retirement benefits
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology