・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak basic level Japanese
☑Japanese global company ☑Listed company ☑English language required ☑Flex time
Engineering Manager Role for the US App
Global e-commerce application
We have sought to expand overseas from the outset. This led us to enter the US market the year after our founding. The US is home to people of diverse backgrounds, of many different races, nationalities, and religions. Laws and culture also differ from state to state. Growing our US service requires grappling with complex problems and issues. This is exactly why we think of the US as a microcosm for our future global expansion. It's an extremely important country for us, where we cannot afford to fail. While this makes it much more difficult than our Japan-side operations, our US business contributes greatly to achieving our mission, and we will continue to face the challenges of the US market going forward.
- Lead, develop, and grow a team of engineers through technical design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web applications and supporting services
- Understand individual engineers' motivations and encourage their personal and career growth along with the growth of the business
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Partner with product management, data analytics, business operations and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your team
- Plan for long term growth and help recruit excellent engineering talent
- Bold Challenges
- The search is one of the core functions for our platform, which connects millions of buyers and sellers. To satisfy diverse customer needs, you will work collaboratively with product managers, machine learning and backend engineers to architect and build advanced systems.
- Design highly scalable systems that can support the continued growth in US.
- Proactively share ideas and contribute to our engineering culture
- Gain a deep understanding of the US market to ensure our continued success.
- You will work with a great team based in Tokyo, and also collaborate with many teammates across the US. Working globally with a diverse team, we're all-in to help people in the US buy and sell on our platform, while getting ready for whatever comes next.
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices with Docker and Kubernetes or similar systems
- 3+ years of combined experience in managing software engineering teams
- Experience hiring and onboarding new employees
- Exceptional communication skills to coordinate with stakeholders across departments
- Experience developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production-quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability
- Experience in developing and maintaining search applications using Elasticsearch, Solr, Algolia etc.
- Experience with cloud- native architectures (e.g., within AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Excellent knowledge of search engines and distributed systems
- Experience tuning relevance and ranking of search results
- Demonstrated ability to write code with appropriate tests
- Experience working in large, cross-functional teams
- A positive attitude and an insatiable desire to learn
12-18 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Sales