※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Data Engineering Manager
[Salary] 10〜12 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Bring deep domain understanding in Commercial operations, Sales & Marketing. Experience in working in Pharma / Life Science industry is strongly preferred
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, data scientists and IT teams to create and implement world class data products and solutions
- Can act as a hands-on engineer in curating data, onboarding data assets to the FAIRification process and managing data quality and standards
- Brings strong understanding of enterprise approved schema, tools and platforms and can leverage them to deliver high quality clean and linked data across projects
- Manage quality and consistency of CTS CONEXTS data services delivery to all stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements and continuous improvement of quality relevant processes within area of responsibility
- Deliver on data strategy priorities and DLC activities in an AGILE manner with appropriate documentation and communication throughout the delivery of services
What you'll bring to us:
- Ability to drive large scale execution of enterprise wide data strategy by applying the standardized Data Management approach aligned to FAIR data principles
- Ability to act as a technical expert in data engineering & management to the team
- Ability to bring strong domain understanding and pharma knowledge to ensure high quality data services
- Ability to promote cultural change and build a more data-centered within the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, provide servant leadership to AGILE teams at the global level, engage with senior stakeholders and drive decision making, ability to work with complex use-cases
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years' experience in a Global company as a data steward, engineer, modeler or data scientist
- Business understanding of pharmaceutical industry and data standards. Domain experience in at least one of the following areas - a) Pharma R&D, b) Manufacturing, Procurement and Supply Chain and c) Marketing and Sales. Experience in working in Pharma / Life Science industry and US healthcare data is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical) using different data modeling methodologies, understanding of semantic modeling techniques and graph databases
- Experience on data wrangling including Ingestion, Unification, Anonymization, Search, Master & Meta Data Management and Governance.
- Hand on experience in working with ETL process, and programming/scripting skills (Python) for data preparation and analysis. Experience in Master Data Management and data quality controls is a must.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with consulting and senior stakeholder engagement experience. Experience in Scrum Methodology is a plus.
- Foundational understanding of big data ecosystem, knowledge of AWS, AZURE Stack and basics of NLP would be an advantage
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other quantitative sciences
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology