※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Business Development Manager
[Salary] 10〜12 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
This role is responsible for the development and set up of the Acute Care business in Japan. They will play both the role of Product / Marketing Manager, as well as drive all elements of business development of Acute Care products in the hospital setting and back-office business setup.
Initially they will lead all aspects of set up of the business including registrations, market access, supply, operations, sales enablement setup, as well as customer VOC to align launch plans, value proposition with the market needs.
They will collaborate with existing EC sales teams for PH, and for PC will be instrumental in the development of business and sales plan in partnership with sales leadership.
This role is the clinical and product lead for the Patient Care and Patient Handling portfolio. The person will be an expert providing strong marketing and business development support the sales team to clinically train, develop and lead the transition of technology towards company through our superior products and outcomes.
The role will foster and enhance relationships with KOL's - doctors and nurses in Japan and take full responsibility for all aspects of the product portfolio to ensure the achievement of marketing plan objectives including the link between marketing and sales.
- Fluent in English
- 8+ years of work experience
- Sales Experience in Japanese market
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and assimilate technical information and communicate it fluently
- Regularly mentors and develops others within marketing, locally and in the region
- Strong product sales training capability
- Clinical expert, with deep product and portfolio expertise
- Proven expertise and is viewed as a thought leader both inside and outside of company
- Influences both the divisional strategy but also sought out for their expertise across company.
- Very strong and trusting relationship with local key opinion leaders
- Ability to help others adapt to change
- Proactively champions solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates the company culture and values in all that they do
- Established internal and external network
- Written communication skills for tenders, business proposals and other client communications
- Persuasion and negotiation skills in order to understand the most appropriate approach to win business
- Computer literacy including graphics, spreadsheets, databases
- Capacity to assimilate medical technology and analyse and interpret clinical statistical data and marketing data relating to product portfolio and/or the industry
- Previous experience as a product manager in a technology related industry including sound knowledge of marketing practices and a demonstrated track record of success
- Tertiary qualifications in either a scientific, biological, engineering or business marketing discipline.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- 5+ years medical device or marketing/sales experience preferred
- Post graduate studies in business, marketing or health
- Industry knowledge including competitors, clients and potential clients, trends and pricing issues
- Strong competitive knowledge of acute care products including paramount, Hillrom, Linet and France bed
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timelines
- Ability to be persuasive in the absence of organizational authority
- Must be able to understand and work within complex interdivisional procedures and policies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Willing to work hard, passionate and thrive in start-up environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Business Development, Marketing