Looking for strong BI engineer who is adaptive and adoptive to changing technology trends, migrate legacy data warehouse to the cutting-edge Big Data platforms, and drive data utilization. This role would be best suited for an experienced BI engineer or application developer with strong cloud engineering backbone.
・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Flex time ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
＊Flexible working hours and work from home options available!
Global Financial Company
- The data platform to which the individual belongs is responsible for engineering and SRE/operation of the company-wide data platform, which consists mainly of Azure's PaaS services. This position is specifically responsible for the development of functions that gather data from various data sources and ingest data into this cloud platform
- Work with Data Warehouse engineers to lead migration of legacy BI tools to Power BI
- Work closely with report owners in business units to define their analytical requirements. Design and implement reports with optimized analysis axes and visualizations to meet the requirements
- As lead of BI engineer, you will manage the team, both onsite and offshore, to maximize deliverables with ownership mind.
- Educate business users with trainings on BI and self-service to support the promotion of data-driven approach in the business domains
- Collaborate with data platform members to provide scalable data self-service capabilities to business users
- Manage day-to-day work for the data processing and BI platform, working with SRE to ensure the data platform stable, providing prompt resolution of system troubles/incidents as Level 2 support.
- Although this is a manager position, the ideal candidate will not only focus on team management, but will also be able to design, implement, and lead the team as experienced engineer.
- Working with a culturally diverse and geographically distributed team to achieve a common goal in an agile delivery fashion.
- This role includes not only engineering, but management and administration work (project / team management, change/release/incident, budget/vendor management, documentation, ticketing, security/audit support and etc. As assumption, 20-30% of workload will expect to be allocated to day-to-day management/administration work)
As a manager of the data platform team, the individual will be responsible for the followings:
- Act as a core engineering member of data platform and report to Head of Data Platform
- Lead BI engineering team that consists of on-shore/off-shore and accelerate on cloud data adoption
- Ownership on delivery of reports that supports business users to utilize data-drive approach
- Provide scalable self-service feature to business users
- Educate business users on BI utilization, plan and conduct trainings
- Closely working with application owners, infra teams, data analysts and other related teams in IT division as well as business stakeholders
- Align with global IT strategy and establish secure collaboration structure with our global/regional teams
- Drive data related project as project manager and deliver
- Manage small enhancement and maintenance work on daily basis
- Keep the BI platform stable, working with SRE. Take prompt actions to solve system troubles / incidents as 2nd level of support
- Research market and new technologies and conduct PoT/PoC
- Practice and promote DevOps to the team
- Self-motivated with engineering mind-sets
- 10+ years of working experience in IT or Data domain
- Manage a small team of 2-3 members or Lead IT / Data related projects
- 3+ years of experience in delivering projects in Agile/Scrum/SAFe fashion
- Experienced in data analysis or design/implementation of BI reports that access to Data Warehouse
- 5+ years hands-on experience with any combination of the following: BI tools, database technology, application development, data modeling and data migration.
- Proven track record for BI Engineering/Analysis (Power BI, Qlik Sense/View, Tableau and etc), data warehouse, data modeling and data mart
- Understanding of data lineage and implementation
- Proven track record for SQL / RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and etc) and NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…), experience on logical database migration is plus
- Essential knowledge on Big-Data / Hadoop and eco-systems
- Japanese: Fluent (both verbal and writing), JLPT N1
- English: Business+
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, data governance/management or related field
- Experience in engineering of Microsoft Azure (ADLS Gen2, ADF, Synapse Analytics, SQL Database, Cosmos DB, AKS, Network/Security) or understanding of these services
- Experience in offshore team management
- Experience in planning of BI trainings , developing training materials
- Domain knowledge for Life Insurance
10-14 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology