☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Banking and Structured Products Lawyer
Global Securities Company
Banking and structured products lawyer is required to cover the finance and lending activities of the group in Japan currently conducted from the Tokyo branch of the bank having foreign bank branch license and the derivatives and structured products of the group currently conducted from the Japan local subsidiary of the bank duly registered as type 1 financial instruments business operator. The role itself is situated in Tokyo.
Reporting to the Head of Legal in Japan, the successful candidate will provide legal advice on and handle documentation of matters in relation to:
- Syndicated and non-syndicated secured and unsecured loan documentation in Japan. The sectors covered by the business lines include asset finance (aircraft, shipping and real estate) and infrastructure and natural resources projects.
- Bond repacks, EMTNs and bespoke structured transactions.
The successful candidate will:
- coordinate with external counsel on the above as required during the life of a transaction, and with overseas office and HQ as the need arises; and
- handle transversal or ancillary issues that may arise in connection with the above.
- Admitted to Japanese Bar (admission in a common law jurisdiction is a plus)
- Approximately 6-9 years' experience as a finance lawyer, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following private practice qualification
- Creativity, team spirit and commitment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
- Analytical skills, and the ability to apply legal analysis to different fact patterns and in a cross-border context
- Ability to manage complex product across a number of jurisdictions
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and achieve
- Commercially focused/problem solver
- Able to manage time and juggle competing priorities
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under time pressure and manage deadlines.
- English Language Level: Business Level, Good interpersonal and communication skills and a command of spoken and written
- Japanese Language level: Native Level, both written and spoken is essential
- Work permission in Japan required
Standard work hours 8：50〜17：00
15〜20 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal