☑Japanese global company ☑English language required ☑Flex time
Japanese IT Company
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who can accelerate product development and backend architecture improvements. Over 4 years after we launch, our product has reached a stage where we are continuously improving the product and reviewing the architecture in parallel. We are looking for an engineer who will enjoy this change with us!
1) Capability to tackle and improve our existing products(Python).
To maintain or replace our existing products require persevering efforts. In some cases, our documentation is not perfect, or to resolve issues, engineers need to dig in code deeply and we don't underrate this kind of effort. Some legacy products are our business core.
And as a startup, it is also expected to continue to provide new value to users. From this perspective, we also need to modify and improve our existing products.
We also expect to use Python on an ongoing basis for data integration and specific purposes.
2)Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements(mainly go).
In addition to that, we would like to recreate architecture from existing app into modern for expanding our business and realize our mission. For contributing to the new architecture, we are also expecting a person who continuously learns new technologies and finds ways to solve issues and requirements. About programming language perspective, we are planning to use golang mainly. But we are a very flat organization and team. So you can also suggest architecture and tech stacks as you want.
-Defining, evolving and communicating the team's vision, mission, and strategy across the company.
-Brainstorm and do design sprint with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and FrontEnd Engineers to build new features, architectures.
-Maintain and improve existing products(mainly Python(Web API, Airflow related)).
-Develop a new API with modern technology such as Go or Scala for architecture improvement.
- You've been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- Experiences developing web products using Python.
- Experiences of framework development by Python(Flask).
- Knowledge of web API development.
- Knowledge of Database design.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Github Actions, Gitlab CI/CD.
- Motivation to learn new techniques such as Golang.
- English(80% of engineers are non-Japanese. We are a very international team.)
- Highly organized person.
- Have motivation for team development.
- Empathy for Behavior Identity of the company.
- Be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements.
- Experience about Apache Airflow
- Experiences of development by PHP, Ruby, Scala, Node
- Communication by Japanese
- Experience working in the real estate or Fintech industry
- Experience about Event Driven Architecture
- Experience about GraphQL.
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
6~9.5 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
-Regular working hours : From 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
*1 hour break is included above working hours.
-We introduce the flex time system.
*Core time is from 11:00 am to 4:00pm
- Health insurance
- Employee pension
- Employment insurance
-Welcome lunch (with CEO, Division and Department), Welcome drinking
-Internal events (Year-end party etc.)
-Free drink (Water server and instant coffee and tea)
-Installation of vending machines
-PC: Mac or MacBook Pro + 1 monitor
-No smoking indoors
-Until COVID-19 is settled and we're ready to issue visas, you can start working remotely from abroad
Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays, New year holiday, Other special holidays which company's own rules and Annual Paid vacations (10 days will be given in a first year to join the company ).
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology