About the company
We are one one of the one of the leading online service providers in Japan with wide ranging services from e-commerce to booking sites to financial service products and even life sciences/cancer treatments.
During this global pandemic we been performing very well and while some of their businesses took a temporary hit, other businesses are making more than up for it with significant growth as a whole business.
Who is encouraged to apply
Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that will be used by millions of users across the globe every day? This company is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the Internet while aiming at becoming the No.1 Innovative Company in the world. By joining our TECH community, the IT powerhouse of the company, you will be part of a diverse global team and play a central role in our technology and innovation.
What's in it for you
- Fast growing, multi-cultural, international team
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and transparent culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables. Not sitting in the office all day and night.
- Opportunities: variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day as well as Utilization of new technologies.
What you will be doing
As an Engineering Manager for Backend, you're expected to
- Manage a group of multiple teams, upwards to 20 people in a group
- Derive Group level KPIs from Department strategies, create action plans and execute
- Mentoring and growing future leaders and engineers of the organization through 1 on 1s and other HR tools.
- Be an Architect for the System in your group, recommending new technology stack, making tradeoffs in architectural decisions
- Be a System Owner, ensuring frameworks and processes are in place to enable stable day to day operations of the system
- Be a Project Manager, ensuring deliverables are completed on time by identifying and mitigating risks in advance.
Have 3+ years of management experience including
- Recruiting future engineers
- Supporting career growth of engineers through training, goal settings and evaluation
- Motivating and ensuring well-being of engineers to maximize results
- Strong communication skills to work with multiple stakeholders like Product Managers and QA
Technical Skills Experience
Have the technical skills and experience on the following
- In depth knowledge of different Architecture Design patterns like microservice architecture, event driven architecture
- be accountable for maximizing quality/cost, achieving KPIs, production failures, and technical decisions of your team.
- be accountable for task quality through review and process
Development Environment Experience
Have in depth knowledge of travel's technology stack including
- Development: Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Sleuth, JUnit, Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Swagger
- Middleware: Oracle, Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data, MongoDB, Kafka, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
- Infrastructure: Private cloud (RIaaS, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring: Jennifer, Zipkin, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana
Project Management Experience
Be accountable for assigning tasks to members by clarifying the following input:
- Due date
- Priorities between multiple tasks
- Background and purposes (Why is this task necessary? Who will benefit from this?)
- Expected quality (Minimum requirements to resolve tasks / Which steps require reviews?)
Be accountable for task progress through asking the following questions
- Estimation: e.g. Can you share us expected end date/time?
- Possible impediment: e.g. What are problems, if any?
- Possible support: e.g. What can managers/the other member support, if any?
- Bottleneck: e.g. What do you wait for, if any?
- Team/department dependent (4 times in office is preferred)
Japanese not required