☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing Lead Japan
Global Pharmaceutical Company
Your primary focus will be helping to establish a best practices Strategic Sourcing program for our requirements, actively supporting the build-out of our capabilities while developing a global network of preferred and strategic suppliers. Both strategic vision and tactical execution are key to success in this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Capability Development & Execution
- Establish a structured Stakeholder Relationship Management program, partnering with key stakeholders across the company, to understand their needs and business objectives.
- Optimize the end-to-end procurement request / approval process in Coupa
- Ensure a data-driven approach to sourcing, leveraging "decision-quality data" and high-quality analytics to deliver insights, capabilities and results.
- Develop and execute clear strategic sourcing and procurement strategies that support business requirements while appropriately managing quality, speed, cost, risk and ease-of-use.
- Be knowledgeable in market trends, benchmarks, and best practices across categories under management. Use this knowledge to optimize results and drive a high standard of excellence.
- Lead sourcing events and contract negotiations for the Commercial business, General Admin as well as Medical and R&D requirements.
- Collaborate with Global Strategic Sourcing colleagues and / or Japan Sourcing colleagues to ensure that sourcing activities are coordinated.
- Develop strong, trusted, analytically driven service delivery relationships, segmenting suppliers and implementing a structured Supplier Relationship Management program, as appropriate.
- Database Management
- Business Partnership
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in Category Management & Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience in pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution on an international level considered a plus.
- Deep experience managing the marketing and sales categories with strong expertise across a broad range of contracting models, and experience partnering with primary internal stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience managing the assigned spend categories in a global environment.
- You drive quantifiable results and set a high bar for yourself and others. You are a sourcing and procurement professional because love what you do, and it shows!
- Outstanding analytical skills-you convert data into decision-quality information, and use it strategically to drive successful outcomes
- A proven track record of creating sourcing strategies that deliver strong near and long-term value creation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills-you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
- A strong understanding of Supplier Relationship Management best practices.
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic supplier/ project portfolio
- Strong influencing skills. In both verbal and written communications, you are outgoing, clear and concise, and seek to build relationships across a wide range of stakeholder audiences.
- A natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic project portfolio
- A 'digital first' mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency and informational advantage wherever possible
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Ability to act decisively in an uncertain environment
- A desire to be part of a high-growth company that is changing the lives of patients with rare diseases.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree desirable but not required.
- Good professional maturity, strong commercially and demonstrated leadership skills
- Service oriented, ability to lead a team and have them follow a vision
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment, valuing diversity within a virtual global team environment
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
15~18 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Purchasing