Asia Indirect Procurement Manager
Global Food Company
Responsible for optimizing the management of all Indirect Commercial Spends and Processes for one or more
Must establish full alignment with Hub Mgmt Team(s) and key stakeholders in order to develop/execute sourcing strategies which meet the business needs/objectives.
The Hub Procurement Manager plays an integral role by:
- Developing and executing plans to achieve annual Hub savings and business simplification (supplier reduction, process efficiency) targets.
- Requires understanding Hub business priorities and regular interaction/alignment with Hub Mgmt Team.
- Ensuring that Global Procurement Processes are followed (IP involvement with all spends, supplier creation,PO compliance, etc.)
- Managing strategic business relationships, internally and externally.
- Ensuring service and quality objectives are maintained and continuously improved, and all issues are resolved quickly.
- Working collaboratively with division and global spend Category Leaders, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure centrally led sourcing projects meet local business requirements and are executed efficiently.
- Maintain, with help of category leaders, a knowledge of best practices, processes, and technology trends and sharing this knowledge with Hub stakeholders.
- Implementing metrics, tools, and new processes to optimize sourcing, supplier innovation and business simplification (ie. Relationship Mgmt Programs, KPI's, Redesigning processes for simplification, etc.)
- Developing and implementing comprehensive change management plans to ensure organizational readiness for the implementation of improved sourcing processes and strategies.
- Development and negotiation of contract agreements with suppliers, in partnership with the Legal Dept.
- Facilitating CRMC approval for agreements when required
- Providing regular updates to the Hub Mgmt Team on status vs. annual objectives, major projects, key issues, etc.
- Ability to lead or participate in special projects/task forces at Division and Global level.
A Bachelor of Arts or Science in Sourcing, Business, Finance, or comparable discipline is preferred.
An advanced degree (MBA) or professional certification (CPM, CPIM, or Project Management) is desirable.
This position requires a strong understanding of Category Management and Procurement processes, change and project management methodologies, remote people management and strong leadership and communication skills.
Experience in Managing Media and CS&L Categories is a must have.
Potential for mobility within Asia, or globally, desirable for eventual career development reasons, but not required.
Fluent English required.
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
Sourcing and Contracting:
Managing the process of finding, evaluating, engaging, contracting and managing suppliers of goods and services.
Effectively using business tools and information systems to solve problems and making decisions: using data to support recommendations: weighing risks and predicting benefits and costs.
Developing and delivering negotiation plans to secure our interests in alignment with local, division and global business plans.
Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
Supplier Relationship Management:
Identifying relationship type within supplier segmentation matrix, building an appropriate supplier relationship and strategy based on both short term and long term objectives.
Utilization of Procurement Processes and Tools
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Purchasing