[Position] Tax & Immigration Manager
[Location] Tokyo ※remote work
[Salary] 8~14 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
IT Service and Consulting Company
- Interpret individual income tax, social tax, and employment tax regulatory changes, set taxability positions for compensation and benefits, and quantify the impact to the Company and our employees.
- Work with and advise Payroll and Mobility teams, ensure controls are working effectively for managing tax risk and compliance.
- Provide individual and employer income tax, social tax, and employment tax planning advice with the objective of managing risk and maximizing planning opportunities for the company and employees.
- Determine tax planning opportunities for complex/executive cross-border assignments (e.g. residency, equity plans).
- Provide input on employee/employment tax implications for company policies.
- Review and advise on income tax, social tax, and employment tax & immigration implications and compliance for companies acquired by us.
- Advise client engagement teams so they can make well-informed staffing decisions
- Have financial responsibility for payroll taxes for Japan (for example: setting taxability of compensation and benefits for employer and employee, driving savings regarding tax planning opportunities and tax audits).
- Have regular interaction with stakeholders and other internal teams including the Payroll and Mobility Market Unit Leads, Global Equity Services, Mobility on-shore and off-shore teams and work with other internal groups including Controllership, Finance, HR and Legal.
- Determine immigration compliance requirements in consultation with vendors and Legal, setting related internal policy and process safeguards.
- Supervise the management of payroll tax and immigration vendor relationships, negotiate vendor contracts/service levels and addresses service issues.
- Direct audit/controversy response strategy, manage internal and external stakeholders on a time bound and planned audit schedule, review positions and supporting documents, reconcile issues with tax/immigration auditors.
- Have the opportunity to participate in global projects or initiatives.
- Individual income, social and payroll/employment tax advisory experience in Japan required
- International tax technical skills/expertise
- Strong customer service and advisory skills
- Experience with immigration requirements in Japan an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working with a remote, multi-cultural team an advantage
- Sound working knowledge of common applications (excel, word, outlook)
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Vendor management experience is an advantage
University degree or equivalent higher education qualification
Qualification in a related field (e.g. Tax Law)
- 5+ years in a big 4 expatriate global mobility / employment tax role, and/or managing expatriate or domestic employment/payroll tax administration in a large multinational corporation required.
- Experience of working with team members remotely
- Previous experience in payroll/employment tax and/or expatriate tax compliance and advisory
- None - possible need to travel intermittently (less than 5% travel)
- We support flexible working arrangements
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level:Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance